Stories Behind The Songs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories Behind The Songs....

I figured it would be nice to start a thread so if anyone wants to know the story behind any Stones song, they can ask and maybe someone else that posts here knows it.

I want to know if there is a story behind the song 'Sway'. I just got really interested in the song the other day and wondered if there was anything behind it.

Let me know and post your own song questions!
    BRIAN JONES - this brilliant multi-talented musician who attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to juggle drug use with his musical output, died under questionable circumstances on the...

the boomtown rats did a song called "i do'nt like mondays" it was writen after a school girl went to school on a monday morning with a gun and shot two teachers and four students.
    when the police questioned her and asked her why she did it she said "i do'nt like mondays".
    that happend about 1982 in london,then the boomtown rats did the song about 3 years later
    kernow bys vyken

Comment

Nothing Has Been Proved ( Dusty Springfield '89 ) was about the Profumo/Keeler affair.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

rolling stones brown sugar (mick jagger's fling with a black girl)
        kernow bys vyken

Comment

american pie = don mclean (later ruined by madonna)is about a young boys feelings towards the death of buddy holly , richie valenz, and the big bopper in a plane crash ....
          A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

Comment

The Boomtown Rats followed Mondays up with Diamond Smiles, about the suicide of a popular teenager. Got nowhere though.
            Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris is about brothers helping each other, even on opposite sides on a war.
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

ebeneezer goode is about ecstasy ......DUH!

Comment

Metallica's "One" was inspired by the film "Johnny Got His Gun".
                Portions of the film were edited into the music video.

got the info from this site:
                http://www.learningfromlyrics.org/Introduction.html
                Last edited by Van_Whistler; 24-05-2006, 18:06.
                Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Yesterday, written by Paul McCartney, was a song that came to him in a dream! He played it to other people and was asking them if they had heard it somewhere before. Of course no-one had and 'hey presto' .. Yesterday!

Later on when the Beatles had split and all the (ex)members were p*ssed at Paul, John Lennon wrote a song called 'How Do You Sleep' in which he sung the line "the only thing you did was Yesterday" ... this was a dig at Paul's talent to which, apparently, John felt himself superior. John also felt Paul was a large part of the reason that the Beatles split, due to his poor attempt at the management of group after the death of Brian Epstein.

Comment

Here's a strange one - 2 unlimited's song 'There's No Limit' (cheesy 90's techno pop).

Apparently the group recorded the song in a band member's bedroom and despite reaping a £50,000 recording deal to produce the track (and album) in a studio, it was released as originally recorded, and the band presumably spent the 50K on flash clothes and other sundry items.

Baz

Comment

Re: Stories Behind The Songs....

I'm lost because i don't any stories behind songs, except, Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, about Bloody Sunday, lol.

Comment

Ive already told you about turning japanese, but what about frigging in the rigging!

Comment

Sounds an interesting story if thats about a song?

Comment

The beautiful song "Baby Come Back" by Player (1977) was written by lead singer Peter Beckett when his girlfriend that he had been involved with for a few years broke up with him. I know Peter very well as we run his website together. I asked him if he ever heard from her again after the song became huge; He said "Hell no, and I'm glad!"

Check out Peter/Player at www.peterbeckett-player.com

Flame/PB's Webmistress

Comment

Nice tale

Comment

Working...
                              X