Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Comic Collection

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post

One of my all-time favourite comic titles, and still going strong today...

What condition and value is this now?

Comment

I used to buy Rainbow comic every week as a kid; a few years ago I started getting them on ebay and now I have most of them, barring No. 1 and a few other rare ones. I have all the annuals too, I still get them out and read them from time to time

Others I used to love are Beryl the Peril, and Whizzer and Chips (especially store wars and lazy bones)

Comment

As a kid, instead of getting pocket money, I would get comics - Beano, Dandy, Topper, Beezer, Whoopee, Wow, Whizzer and Chips, Nutty, Buster (which contained the Leopard of Lime Street strip, remember that?).

From these I graduated to Eagle. Never got into 2000AD though, it seemed too grotesque to me.

Then I got into American comics at 14, but stopped buying them when I was about 30. Chucked all my British comics away years ago, but still have 8 boxes of the American ones.

Comment

Of the funnies, my early favourites were Whoopee! Whizzer & Chips and Shiver & Shake. I moved on to Krazy and Cheeky Weekly.

All the UK Marvels including Dracula and Planet of the Apes as well as the usual stuff.

Warlord, Bullet and the mighty Action.

Then 2000AD became pretty much all I read in the 80s apart from Smash Hits and Kerrang!

I returned to comic fandom in the early 90s and really enjoyed the post Crisis DC universe and the Dredd/Anderson stuff that was coming out at that time, but the film spoiled that.

Any other Action fans out there? Do you know about this? All the stories, all complete (or as complete as they can be). http://www.sevenpennynightmare.co.uk/

Of course, if you venture into the ~ahem~ darker corners of the internet, you can easily obtain scans of just about anything.
          There is no beauty here, just the stench of wine and beer.

Comment

Only really collected the Return of the Jedi comics, still got nearly all of them, stuck in a box along with the complete (I think) Street Scene magazines and about 175 Hip Hop Connection mags from the first edition upwards.

Comment

I have a loads of comics from 70s/early 80s:
              dozens of UK editions of Spiderman, Star Wars, Mad, TV Comic and Indiana Jones.
              (and I also have the US editions, particularly)

Comment

Working...
              X