Rip Wendy Richard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Wendy Richard

Wendy Richard died today aged 65 after a brave battle against cancer, may this wonderful lady who bought years of entertainment and enjoyment to our screens for over 20 years R.I. P.
    A very sad loss. :cry: :cry:
    Heather

Re: Rip Wendy Richard

Yes, a very sad loss of a lady who has kept us entertained over many years and who will probably be best remembered (especially by the younger ones) as moaning Pauline in East Enders !

She was also in two of the very well known Carry On films and of course the long running series of Are You Being Served as Miss Brahms.

Thanks for the laughs Wendy !
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Actually, it's over thirty years, huggie. I think Are You Being Served was early seventies. I grew up with that series and will always have happy memories of Miss Brahms.

Wendy was also Private Walker's girlfriend in several episodes of Dad's Army.

Comment

Yes sorry the twenty+ years was as Pauline Fowler alone
        Heather

Comment

Wendy Richards

She is remembered by most for her role in the soap Eastenders, on the BBC, but not having ever seen a soap in my life, I remember her best from Are You Being Served? A BBC sitcom of yesteryear. she died of a particularly aggressive cancer which came back after a long fight.

RIP Wendy.

Comment

RIP indeed.

for such an stereotypical Cockney girl, I never knew she was born in Middlesbrough!
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I knew there was something nice about her!!! She is a northerner!!

Comment

Such a sad loss, and 65 is no age still young,.

ARE YOU BEING SERVED
                ON THE BUSES
                DAD,S ARMY
                EASTENDERS

She was great in all of those, and also with Mike Saren on the record COME OUT SIDE.

Rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                X