Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with 80's series

Hi all,

I just wondered if anybody could help me with a kind of horror Series, i think it was on in the eighties. I can't really remember what it was about but may have had something to do with dopplegangers and could have been called 'Far side of the sun' or 'Dark side of the sun' or something like that. Also if I remember rightly there were big puffs of smoke when one of the baddies died. I also remember in one episode an 'orrible fox animal thingy and a man found buried alive or something like that. I remember pebble mill showing a scene of the series one afternoon and i wasn't expecting it. I almost s**t myself!

I hope someone can help as i have been trying to remember the name of it for nearly 20 years.

Many thanks

Re: Can anyone help with 80's series

Is this the one? The dark side of the sun
    "The Dark Side of the Sun" (1983) - Plot summary
    Heather

Comment

I don't think it is that one. It seemed to mostly be set in rural england or at least Britain. I think the military were involved in a small way toward the end of the series or armed police. It may have had disease as a subtle overtone or infection or something like that. I can only really remember a a few scenes. 1. Some people on a leafy lane confronting a man who stumbles onto a high grass verge uncovering a shallow grave of a fresh fully clothed corpse. 2. an absolutely terrifying image of a fox face contorted in rage. 3. Big puffs of white smoke that happened, for some reason, quite a lot.

I may be getting mixed up with another series about rabies which I can't remember either. Damn my fading Cells.

Many thanks for you prompt reply, though.

Comment

The first part of your original post sounds like, "Journey to the far side of the sun".

Doppelgänger (1969 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I don't recognise the other descriptions at all. Will keep looking

Comment

The rabies drama was "The Mad Death", and I think that's where your fox image is coming from.

Can't help with the doppelgangers, though, I'm afraid.

Comment

I can help but need the following info from someone:

1.On what channel was it shown?
            2.Roughly what month or season was it shown?
            3.Can you remember any shows that were shown either before or after?

Comment

Working...
            X