Spook! Slither....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spook! Slither....

Does anyone remember the comedian who dressed up in a black & white prisoner's uniform with arrows on it and his catchphrase was 'Spook! Slither...' He was always on Royal Variety performances. What is his name???! He was a comedy genius.

i can remember the catchphrase but can't remember the comedian,i can picture him but his name's not there
    kernow bys vyken

Comment

Had to google a bit for this one, but it appears it was an American comic named Roy Jay.
      Old enough to know better...

Comment

Thanks, you've made a LOT of people very happy!
        Slither.....................

Comment

i remember the krankies but i also remember duncan norvelle, absolutely brilliant, theres also one i can picture him on stage takeing the mick out of all different people, he used to do one with i think a squirrel and he used top wack it over the head and the crowd would go ahhhhh, and he would reply its a puppet can anyone remember him

Comment

i remember him...
            Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
            http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

hehe think hes brill and the gr8 one liner chase me brill, the other bloke i was thinking of is brian conley ace!

Comment

just noticed this post so disregard my asking about Roy Jay on Foxy Minx's post.

I loved Cannon & Ball in the 80's, i found a guy on ebay who had the enitre series from 84, 86 & 88 on DVD transfered from video so i bought them for 9 quid. Whit a laff, and includes the p*ss take of West Side story that they did as well as the Airplane sketch with the old women who Bobby wants to fight and Tommy's chair keep on breaking.

Comment

Roy Jay Slither Man

Just got back from Benidorm and Roy Jay performs as Slither Man in Chaplins bar.
                  Totally different act but the same guy from The Laughter Show.
                  Anyone remember him on the Schweppes adverts on TV? Spook!!!!

Comment

You'll all be doing it tomorrow

Comment

Re: Spook! Slither....

I hate to admit that in the early 80s a friend begged me to go and see Johnny Mathis with her, as if that wasn't bad enough the slither 'comedian' was his warm up act. That is a memory that I'll probably need therapy to get over.

Comment

Re: Roy Jay Slither Man

Originally posted by Weetfish View Post
                        Just got back from Benidorm and Roy Jay performs as Slither Man in Chaplins bar.
                        Totally different act but the same guy from The Laughter Show.
                        Anyone remember him on the Schweppes adverts on TV? Spook!!!!
                        sadly roy jay is no more as he drank himself to death 2 months ago

Comment

An ex g/f of mine 'went out' with him when he was a Bluecoat at Pontins in Morecambe in the 70's - and his name was ROY not Ron. Apparently he had a very big one and it was part of his downfall from mainstream British TV as he flashed it at a show somewhere when he'd had a few too many to drink. I also believe that the drinking was his final downfall and he died a couple of months back in Spain where he was working.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LBJ...eature=related

A Schweppes from the 80's with Roy Jay in it

RIP Roy

Comment

Originally posted by eileen View Post
                              Does anyone remember the comedian who dressed up in a black & white prisoner's uniform with arrows on it and his catchphrase was 'Spook! Slither...' He was always on Royal Variety performances. What is his name???! He was a comedy genius.
                              Hi My name is Jeff & in the early 80's I had a pub called The copper horse in Windsor berks & Roy Jay ( slither/Spooky) a good customer was just becoming famous but drink got the better of him . He once starred at Circus Tavern Purfleet. He kindly invited me along. I have just heard he died in Benidorm. Bless him. A spanish friend of his had to pay for the funeral as he ended up euroless.

Comment

Working...
                              X