No announcement yet.

Stumper of all stumpers, BBC "fantasy" short series that aired on CBC in 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumper of all stumpers, BBC "fantasy" short series that aired on CBC in 80's

Theres this BBC fantasy short series ive been trying for decades to find, im hoping someone out there can help.

It aired on CBC in Canada and involved a character that was green and some things being shrunk ...

It was a fantasy series for sure, its always stuck in my head but to be honest I dont remember much about it, I wish I could give more info ...

I seem to remember a boy and a girl being involved and a scene where the green boy character yells "im free!" and disappears ...

If anyone can get this your amazing ...

The short series aired in the 80's

Thanks and good luck

Re: Stumper of all stumpers, BBC "fantasy" short series that aired on CBC in 80's

hi there!

Was it a programme AIMED at kids?

Cartoon or 'live action'?

Can you narrow down the years? early/mid/late 80's?

cheers
    Dave
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Re: Stumper of all stumpers, BBC "fantasy" short series that aired on CBC in 80's

Also the "green character" was it male, or female, man, monster/ogre/elf?
      Heather

Comment

still looking!

The Little Green Man

??

Dave
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

It was live action, I believe it was aimed at kids but I remember it seemed slightly dark in some area and I wonder if it wasent designed for teens.

The green character was a boy, though obviously of some magical sort ...

Comment

anyone?

Comment

complete stab in the dark here

Aliens in the family? http://www.thechestnut.com/aliens/aliens.htm
              Heather

Comment

Nope, thats not it ...

I wish I could remember more

Comment

I can help but need the following info from someone:

1.On what channel was it shown?
                  2.Roughly what month or season was it shown?
                  3.Can you remember any shows that were shown either before or after?

Comment

Originally posted by humanracer View Post
                    I can help but need the following info from someone:

1.On what channel was it shown?
                    2.Roughly what month or season was it shown?
                    3.Can you remember any shows that were shown either before or after?
                    1. Well it was shown in Canada but it was a BBC program, the channel where I grew up in Ontario is Channel 9, I dont know what channel it showed in the UK

2. No idea on month or season

3. I dont remember any shows on or after, sorry

This is why this is the stumper of all stumpers, I cant find info because its just too bloody hard ...

I wish I simply had a list of all BBC programs for the 80s, categorized by fantasy and kids shows, I know if I read a synopsis or saw some pictures id recognize it ...

Comment

Gosh this is tricky....still looking tho
                      Heather

Comment

I trust in your capabilities

Comment

Working...
                        X