Plastic Kap Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Kap Rocket

Anyone ever play with this toy?, It was a plastic rocket with a metal tip that was spring-loaded and under this was a little metal plate that you put 'caps' (kaps?? ..like you would put in toy guns to make bangs)) in, and you would throw the rocket up into the air and the metal tip would always make it turn face-down and when it hit the ground, the metal nib would be pushed in setting off the 'caps/Kapps' making a bang.
    sigpicAndyGranda

Re: Plastic Kap Rocket

Originally posted by AndyGranda View Post
    Anyone ever play with this toy?, It was a plastic rocket with a metal tip that was spring-loaded and under this was a little metal plate that you put 'caps' (kaps?? ..like you would put in toy guns to make bangs)) in, and you would throw the rocket up into the air and the metal tip would always make it turn face-down and when it hit the ground, the metal nib would be pushed in setting off the 'caps/Kapps' making a bang.
    I had one. Actually everyone had one. I think they confiscated at school one day when we were throwing them at each other, trying to make them bang on people's heads.
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

we threw them at peoples feet whilst screaming "dance" at them, great fun!

Comment

I had a red one,the metal plate discoloured after a few days and I remember the smell of the caps
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

My brother had one of these. Great fun!
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Picture orignally posted by Sarkymarky
            Heather

Comment

Exactly, Heather.

I had the two designs on the left, at various points, but not the two on the right.

If you put two caps in at once you got a bigger bang, but if you put in too many, they absorbed the impact and didn't go off at all.

Early-mid-sixties, paper rolls of caps were easily purchased by children, for pistols as well as cap bombs/bombers.

The American style "ring caps" were considered very expensive and toy guns with that design were rarely seen round my way. Louder bangs, though.
              "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I had a solid metal one ...silver, with a red tip....similar size to those shown on the top row, a bit wider/more squat in shape though
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                X