Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparks

ClaudineJones Guest

Default Re: Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by kazboot View Post
    They had such an impact when they came on the scene, so different. I thought they were brill!
    My fave song of theirs is 'The Number One Song In Heaven'.
    I was hooked from the first time I heard those distant first notes of This Town on Radio Luxembourg via an earpiece (just the one) on a tinny little transistor radio. It was like a clarion call from the Home planet . But when I saw them on TOTP, oh wow! I've never been the same since

LOVE The Number One Song In Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
    I like a lot of the tracks mentioned here, but my favourite has always been, 'Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth'.
    Sublime track.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGranda View Post
    that guy in your picture used to be scary as he never sung and just gave these odd looking sideways glances into the camera.
    How can you say such a thing Andy! Ron has a very expressive face. I've changed my pic for you to one of me giving him a kiss (with prior permission). Just you look at his face and try telling me it isn't the personification of enthusiasm .

ClaudineJones Guest

Comic Relief on friday 13th - They're on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on 20th.

Got my hands on a copy of Kimono My House on cd the other day, hadn't heard it since listening to my brothers vinyl copy in the 70's, a great album!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudineJones View Post
    I was hooked from the first time I heard those distant first notes of This Town on Radio Luxembourg via an earpiece (just the one) on a tinny little transistor radio. It was like a clarion call from the Home planet . But when I saw them on TOTP, oh wow! I've never been the same since

LOVE The Number One Song In Heaven.

Sublime track.

How can you say such a thing Andy! Ron has a very expressive face. I've changed my pic for you to one of me giving him a kiss (with prior permission). Just you look at his face and try telling me it isn't the personification of enthusiasm .
    Sorry Claudine! Wot happened to his moustache???
    AndyGranda

ClaudineJones Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic View Post
    Got my hands on a copy of Kimono My House on cd the other day, hadn't heard it since listening to my brothers vinyl copy in the 70's, a great album!
    Amazing that Kimono My House costs the same on ebay today as it did back in 74.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGranda View Post
    Sorry Claudine! Wot happened to his moustache???
    No apology necessary Andy (note the smilies). The moustache got "streamlined for the 90s". Such a shame YouTube is pulling vids. I'd love to have put the David Lynch directed "I Predict" up for you to see. Ron as a seedy stripper - the sort of image that burns itself into your memory and refuses to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
    I like a lot of the tracks mentioned here, but my favourite has always been, 'Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth'.
    I've got a best of that i bought purely for Beat the clock and No 1 song in heaven but after reading your post had a listen to Never turn your back on Mother earth. Very good track. I might have to give the rest of the album a listen now.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

I didn't realise "No 1 in Heaven" was a Sparks tune!
    I've heard it loads of times.
    Definately Hot Gossips' best dance on The Kenny Everret Show!

ClaudineJones Guest

LOL!!
    That's brilliant, cheers Claudine
    I had such a crush on the cute blonde who looks at the camera at the end

oooh Hot Gossip...Supernature phworrr!!

Splitters!

Visit us here:
    http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/