• Show
Clear All

Re: Sparks

Originally posted by AFBulimia View Post
    I know its an old post but...

I am a MAJOR sparks fan!
    I'm getting quite fond of you AFB

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
    Apparently Morrissey is a fan. How embarrassing for me.
    For you Kiop YouTube - Lighten Up Morrissey
    I believe it's a two way appreciation. He invited them to perform at his 2004 Meltdown.

Haven't listened to it yet but I hear Morrissey has covered Moon Over Kentucky. Claudine Jones is a character from Arts & Crafts Spectacular which is on Morrissey's comp cd Under The Influence.

Comment

Here you go YouTube - Morrissey - Moon Over Kentucky (Brixton - 21-07-09)

Comment

Always loved 'When I'm With You'. Was one of those songs that always takes me back to a time when I was a kid....sigh.

Comment

Sparks fan here.

Comment

HUGE Sparks fan here!
            "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Me too!

Comment

I want to be Ron Mael when I grow up.

*Steve suddenly remembers he's 42!*
                "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

YouTube - Sparks In Concert 1974 pt 1
                  sigpic

Comment

New link for Landlady YouTube - Sparks/Halfnelson - Landlady

Comment

Thanks for posting those links! Very enjoyable they were too!

Comment

I first saw them in 1974 on TOTP doing "This Town" as an impressionable 3 year old. The song was just as chilling and haunting as their appearance and has never left me to this day.

I became a proper fan in 1988 when I bought "Kimono My House" on vinyl in a second hand record shop and was hooked. It's now my second favourite album of all time, and if not for Sparks I would never have got into songwriting or considered being a performing artist.

In January 2001 I met them when they toured Australia and played at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne. My folks flew me down there and got me a ticket for my 30th birthday. Best ever gig I've ever been to and I had the good fortune to meet the band afterwards.

Both Ron and Russell were friendly, outgoing, cute and polite gentlemen and not as half as strange or weird as some people might think.

Their webpages are:

http://www.allsparks.com
                        http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/sparks1
                        http://www.myspace.com/allsparks

Comment

this band was years ahead of there times

Comment

"This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us" has recently been used in the movie "Kick ***". I went to see it a few weeks ago and it rocked! One of the best films that Nicholas Cage has made ever.

Comment

I am too excited by this thread to read it all before saying this so I hope it's ok to post : I LOVE`Sparks !!!!!!!
                              I really htink they are totally underated.Here in Heaven from Kimono my House, it's just...stupendous.The wit, the bouncy tune...perfection :-)
                              Now I'm going to read the entire thread but I ahd to say how much of a fan I am ... it's the lyrics ! And the tunes ! That get me ..... KmH is.one of my fave LP's of all time :-)
                              It is hell knowing that your health will keep you out of here, for many, many years......

Comment

Working...
                              X