Sparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparks

Any Sparks fans on here? I was never into Donny/David/Rollers, it was only ever Sparks for me. I think I was the only Sparks fan in my school.

They're on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on the 13th and play The Forum, Kentish Town, London on 20th March. If you haven't heard their latest cd - Exotic Creatures of the Deep - you don't know what you're missing

Re: Sparks

I wouldn't say I was a fan but i bought a 'best of' for Beat the clock and No 1 song in heaven. I like those two tracks.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Hey Branny, anyone who doesn't look at me like I've just invited them to stamp on some kittens in response to "Do you like Sparks?" is ok by me .

My favorite track from the new cd YouTube - Sparks Photoshop ( masonic song)

And for Morrissey fans YouTube - Lighten Up Morrissey

Comment

I remember, 'This town ain't big enough...' and 'Get in The Swing' that guy in your picture used to be scary as he never sung and just gave these odd looking sideways glances into the camera. I thought they were ok but not fanatically. Doesn't the guy in your photo Claudine look a bit like Mad Frankie Fraser??? No offence Claudine, ...or, ..er, Mad Frankie.
        sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGranda View Post
          Doesn't the guy in your photo Claudine look a bit like Mad Frankie Fraser??? No offence Claudine, ...or, ..er, Mad Frankie.
          Do you think? I'd say more like Harold Lloyd on a mildly psychotic day myself. I think he's lovely There's a genius behind those odd looking sideways glances.

Comment

very smart, funny , charismatic guys ...even Ron (WHEN he spoke!)
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

...Can just imagine him looking at these comments with that look! But I do agree, ...classically eccentric and genius like the best artists. You're just, 'mad or mental' but whn you make it - you're eccentric and artisticly pluralistic and diverse...
              sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

This town aint big enough for the both of us!

Comment

I like a lot of the tracks mentioned here, but my favourite has always been, 'Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth'.

Comment

They had such an impact when they came on the scene, so different. I thought they were brill!
                    My fave song of theirs is 'The Number One Song In Heaven'.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                      They had such an impact when they came on the scene, so different. I thought they were brill!
                      My fave song of theirs is 'The Number One Song In Heaven'.
                      I was hooked from the first time I heard those distant first notes of This Town on Radio Luxembourg via an earpiece (just the one) on a tinny little transistor radio. It was like a clarion call from the Home planet . But when I saw them on TOTP, oh wow! I've never been the same since

LOVE The Number One Song In Heaven.

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                      I like a lot of the tracks mentioned here, but my favourite has always been, 'Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth'.
                      Sublime track.

that guy in your picture used to be scary as he never sung and just gave these odd looking sideways glances into the camera.
                      How can you say such a thing Andy! Ron has a very expressive face. I've changed my pic for you to one of me giving him a kiss (with prior permission). Just you look at his face and try telling me it isn't the personification of enthusiasm .

Comment

Comic Relief on friday 13th - They're on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on 20th.

Comment

Got my hands on a copy of Kimono My House on cd the other day, hadn't heard it since listening to my brothers vinyl copy in the 70's, a great album!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                            I was hooked from the first time I heard those distant first notes of This Town on Radio Luxembourg via an earpiece (just the one) on a tinny little transistor radio. It was like a clarion call from the Home planet . But when I saw them on TOTP, oh wow! I've never been the same since

LOVE The Number One Song In Heaven.

Sublime track.

How can you say such a thing Andy! Ron has a very expressive face. I've changed my pic for you to one of me giving him a kiss (with prior permission). Just you look at his face and try telling me it isn't the personification of enthusiasm .
                            Sorry Claudine! Wot happened to his moustache???
                            sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
                              Got my hands on a copy of Kimono My House on cd the other day, hadn't heard it since listening to my brothers vinyl copy in the 70's, a great album!
                              Amazing that Kimono My House costs the same on ebay today as it did back in 74.

Sorry Claudine! Wot happened to his moustache???
                              No apology necessary Andy (note the smilies). The moustache got "streamlined for the 90s". Such a shame YouTube is pulling vids. I'd love to have put the David Lynch directed "I Predict" up for you to see. Ron as a seedy stripper - the sort of image that burns itself into your memory and refuses to leave

Comment

Working...
                              X