Eldorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldorado

Around 1986 the BBC decided to squander the licence-fee paying public's purse by building an authentic Spanish village on a Spanish coastal hillside! This was to be the set of the new and completely surplus-to-requirement of now-defunct soap, Eldorado. This concept was born to lose! Eldorado aired in 1987 and was slaughtered by the critics... racial stereotypes, abysmal acting, boring plots, ugly teenagers, noisy acoustics... the list of faux pas went on accumulating week by week! However the beeb ploughed relentlessly on, determined that we were going to like it... like sunburnt babies on a package holiday being force-fed goat's milk! Improvements were made and, just when Eldorado was beginning to worm its way into the popular British conscience, with a small cult following, they pulled it!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Eldorado

Well it was shocking!
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

dreadful programme "Marcooooos!", but it had such a lovely theme tune - that was about the best bit of it... the end. lol!

Comment

It started in the summer of 1992 & was axed in 1993, but the rest is spot-on.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I liked the lady who always said "Marcooos" she was sweet.

I couldn't BEAR that stupid girl, FIZZ. She was married to an older fat bloke with a 'tache who went by the name of Bunny. She had a midlands accent and was constantly saying "I lov yow Bunneh" She spent the entirety of one episode with icecream on the side of the side of the mouth.

Truly stomach churning!

Oh!! And that AWFUL woman who was a singer of some description. She and her mate ran a bar and she looked and sounded a bit blokey.

Oh!! And that big funny woman in the dungarees. What was her name?

Gaaaaar!
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

AND there was that dodgy old geezer called Snowy? What was he all about?

Then there was the gay one, Xavier. He died in the bath when the electric heater fell in there with him I think. Or it might have been methane poisoning..... I think someone died of that...

My God, I think I watched it far too much.....
            "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X