Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to think I have dreamt these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to think I have dreamt these...

Hi guys...I have very hazy memories of a few kids shows from the 90s that have been pestering me for months now. I searched on the Web over and over again for any type of references but nothing so I thought I would see if anyone here can help out.

Even if you cannot tell me the name of the programmes but can remember watching them, please let me know and at least I will start to think these aren't just figments of an over-active imagination!

So here we go:

1) Series broadcasted on the BBC. Set at a school where all the students secretly ran it and had loads of hi-tech things in disguise...have memories of students opening up desks and computers being in them. Also vividly remember that the main student character was a black girl who would sometimes talk to the camera.

2) Vaguely...a *possibly* Australian kids show on BBC where a few school kids discovered a secret underground bunker or something accessible through a disguised hatch in a remote-looking area...think it could be in a desert-like place or by the coast as can remember the secret hatch or whatever it was being disguised under sand. Also, think this secret bunker thing was home to aliens or some type of advanced civilisation and they befriended the kids who went on missions with them. Of course, there was some type of bad guys who were after these aliens/advanced civilisation and they were trying to find this secret underground hideout.

3) Much more vaguely...a BBC show set in what I think was a whitish-looking studio. Presenter(s) had 2 robot helpers...1 gold and 1 silver...i think! Made stuff...have a strange memory that it was a magic show or involved magic...can remember one of the prizes being a magic set and them teaching you how to make an illusion where a ball rolled along a plastic straw held at either end horizontally.

4) BBC show i think...set in a rural area. 2 boys and 2 girls had to go off to live in this house together with a man and woman...cannot remember if the idea was that they were evacuated or adopted. Anyways, the girls hated the boys and vice versa and they played pranks on one another etc.

Thanks for everyone’s help in advance.

Matt

Re: Starting to think I have dreamt these...

2) Apart from the 'aliens' thing, a lot of your description sounds like the 'Tomoroow People' remake from the 90s.

The Tomorrow People (1992) on TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, & Show Info

4) wild stab...........'Five Children and It' ?

Comment

Wow, that's great Marine Boy...just did a bit of a search and your absolutely bang on for number 2...it is the 90s remake of 'The Tomorrow People'.

Know 'Five Children and It'...unfortunately don't think it is.

Anyway, that's one down...keep any suggestions coming.

Matt

Comment

I think I may be able to help you out on number three, I remember this show with the two robots and you're right when you say there was magic involved, British magician Paul Zenon was one of the presenters if my memory is correct. I did a little digging and I think the show was called 'Tricks 'n' Tracks'.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	51WSSRV00WL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	258482

Well Done Palazzo It is indeed the very gorgeous Paul Zenon
          Heather

Comment

Thanks Palazzo and great pic Huggie74...the memories are flooding back...knew didn't dream this one.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Boot Street Band is what you are describing in #1.

"BBC1 series featuring Class 4D at Boot Street School. Since their teacher walked out, the pupils have been dealing successfully in stocks and shares and set up a profitable recycling plant producing household items such as National Curriculum toilet rolls"

Comment

Locksley86 your right...that ticks off #1. Had only vague memories of Boot Street School so nice to remind myself of the show's premise again.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

I remember No 1!! It was class 4d or something. There was a black girl and a white girl and a boy.

Don't remember the others I'm afraid.

Comment

Number 4 sounds like Kevin's Cousins. During the course of the show the factions fragmented & reformed into 2 mixed groups before making up at the end.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

number 4 sounds like it could be SpyWatch but that was an education programme LOOK and READ series.

the computer one sounds like the deamon headmaster but i'm not sure

Comment

Working...
                      X