Snooker - 70's/80's Puppet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker - 70's/80's Puppet

I was asked if I remembered a puppet that appeared in the snooker programmes on BBC would have been late 70's/80's when they showed the best/funny bits. They think it may have danced to theme music from 'The Sting' film. Puppet had very large sad eyes and think the name of it began with 'P'

I remember the snooker using that theme music bit don't remember any puppet.

Can anyone else shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Re: Snooker - 70's/80's Puppet

I only remember them using 'The Entertainer' as the music for their funny moments. This must have been before my time - sorry. I've even got a dvd of the history of the world championships but can't remember them showing a puppet on it. Oh well, i'm sure somebody round here might remember it. BTW welcome to DYR.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I use to watch the Snooker with my Nan I loved watching the "funny bits" and can remember both The Entertainer and The Sting theme being used sadly I cant remember a puppet either
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        I use to watch the Snooker with my Nan I loved watching the "funny bits" and can remember both The Entertainer and The Sting theme being used sadly I cant remember a puppet either
        same here i remember both the sting and the entertainer tunes

if there was a puppet it must nt appeared tp often.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
        X