80's Scottish gangster, catchword definITEly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Scottish gangster, catchword definITEly

Anyone remember this show. Was shown in England. I watched it in Oxford 80/81. I think he was a gangster. What was it called? Andy

Re: 80's Scottish gangster, catchword definITEly

I think you're referring to Charles Endell Esquire starring the late Ian Cuthbertson. I'm not sure if that was the name of the show but that was definitely his name it was almost like a Scottish version of Minder. His catchphrase was "Oh I'm definitely back......DEFINITELY!"....had some very funny moments and I'm surprised it was shown down here. I watched it as a wee Glasweigan laddie!

Comment

'Charles Endell,Esq.' was the name of this series shown in 1979. It was the sequel to the great 'Budgie' with Adam Faith.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Iain Cuthbertson is still alive. He also sang the theme to the series, which included the "defin-itely back" phrase.

Comment

Thank you, absolutely - definITEly - right - now you've jogged my memory. Obviously in Oxford it was Midlands TV, and there were often shows that seemed to be randomly bought by one ITV network but no others. Despite what one might think, Anglia seemed to be ahead on this. I saw "Tenspeed and Gumshoe" a private eye show with Jeff Goldblum in Thorpeness (Suffolk Coast) and Paul Hogan's early sketch shows in Cambridge.

Comment

Working...
          X