Thread: Help needed for 80's or 90's show please

Default Help needed for 80's or 90's show please

HI,

Does any one remember a kids tv programme in the eighties. Not exactly sure when but possibly shown between i guess around 1983 to maybe 1985/86.
    It revolved around a boy that was fighting aliens. It was not an animation. The boy was usually in a tree sliding in slime and when he was in the tree he would find scary aliensthat ... i think looked like slimy stuff that maybe exploded or melted into a sludge of slime when killed. He would slide out of the tree in a tunnel type thing into the normal world after he killed a monster or two.
    I also get a faint memory that some of the aliens were simialr to the dr who daleks shape, but i think this should be disregarded unless it really helps.
    I think it was on bbc1? Actually i have a strong feeling it was on the bbc, i dont remember any adverts.
    A couple of people suggested i look up Genji? on google but i only found a genji that had no relation to this type of kids programme.

Thanks you all,

Cheers

Maz

Default Re: Help needed for 80's or 90's show please

I wish I could help with this one and I'll be fascinated to find out what the show is. It sounds brilliantly bizzare.

Yes, it would be great to know.

To recap - what i definitely remember.
    Boy. Fight aliens. Not a cartoon aka real people in real lifes o to speak. Aliens were not exactly like daleks. Pls forget the Dalek imagery. I remember that once the alien was killed, it was eith slimey to begin with or became slimey after dead. One on occassion the kid kills a=n alien and then escapes (?) from inside a tree (there was either a diff world or tdarkish tunnels in the tree).
    POssibly aroung 1987-1990 date, really not 100% on date could be as early as 1983.

Cheers all

Maz

Bit of a late answer but going on your original thought for the series of Genji, I would have a go at guessing "Benji, Zax & the Alien Prince" from 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benji%2...e_Alien_Prince

That's a good guess Paulos. Check the intro clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71QkcZQgOH4. The bad guy even has a whiny echoy voice reminiscent of Davros from Dr. Who (if not the shape of a Dalek tho unfortunately).

I wonder will the OP ever read your suggestions? It's a pity we can't somehow time-travel these answers back into the past so the OP would get it in time.