Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CITV series help

Hi there,
    I'm racking my brains trying to remember the name of a kids programme that used to be aired on CITV in the early nineties. It was popular at the time and I think had a long enough run.

The reason I'm interested is because there was one episode that sticks out in my mind. There is an electicity cut and the family all sit around to tell spooky stories. One story that is told is about a girl whose boyfriend has come back from the dead but she is unaware that he had been dead until the end of the story. She gives him her scarf when they are out and about just before he vanishes. Later, when the body is exhumed from his grave (at the girl's request) the boyfriend is found lying there with the scarf around his neck.

It was a great spooky episode of an otherwise ordianary kids/teenage serial. Really bugging me. Series was repeated on CITV in mid nineties.

Does anybody remember it?
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Re: CITV series help

So what was the regular series like?
    UK or US?
    Comedy/drama?
    Main characters?

Comment

It was U.K and I'm pretty sure it was produced for CITV. Can't remember any of the main characters' names but it was centred around a family and there were a quite a few teenage kids in it.
      Was on around 1992/3
      Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Every detail counts. I'm sure it wasn't My Parents Are Aliens - earlier than that - give us a flavour of the tone and the familly set up. Memory is not logical - it's about impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by jaygon View Post
          Hi there,
          I'm racking my brains trying to remember the name of a kids programme that used to be aired on CITV in the early nineties. It was popular at the time and I think had a long enough run.

The reason I'm interested is because there was one episode that sticks out in my mind. There is an electicity cut and the family all sit around to tell spooky stories. One story that is told is about a girl whose boyfriend has come back from the dead but she is unaware that he had been dead until the end of the story. She gives him her scarf when they are out and about just before he vanishes. Later, when the body is exhumed from his grave (at the girl's request) the boyfriend is found lying there with the scarf around his neck.

It was a great spooky episode of an otherwise ordianary kids/teenage serial. Really bugging me. Series was repeated on CITV in mid nineties.

Does anybody remember it?
          Was it Goosebumps? Series of 'spooky' stories like you described, and was also in book format?

Comment

Finally tracked this down! It was called The Lodge and ran for 13 episodes (hardly a long run!) back in 1993. The episode I remembered was called 'A Dark and Stormy night'.

It was great to finally track this down. Shame it is deep in the ITV archive and not available on either DVD or Youtube!

Comment

Working...
            X