Help with Seventies children's drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Seventies children's drama

A young boy is caught up in some kind of espionage; could be a smuggling operation, as I think it was set on the coast. I recall nothing else about the show other than the theme music which often pops into my mind even today. Wish I could sing it to you but the words went like this:

Time and tide wait for no man, as the river flows to the see,
    So if you want to fight, for what you think is right,
    Follow me,
    Follow me - ee - ee
    Follow me.
    (repeat to fade)

I suppose the series could have been called, 'Follow Me', but if so, there is no mention of it on the usual Internet sites.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with Seventies children's drama

Might be worth popping a few of the actors names into google images see if any faces ring a bell
    "Follow Me" (1977)

Follow me..."Seven-part children's thriller serial set around Bristol docks. GB. HTV production. ITV tx 1977/06/26-1977/08/07 "
    Heather

Comment

Huggie!

Have just tried to search on Google again to prove to myself I'm not going bananas, and it wasn't on the first three pages. But when I tried "Follow Me" 1977, it came up. Which could explain why I've found it so hard to locate. Found images of Ronald Fraser, who I knew anyway. The boy is, I guess, either Ian Donnolly or Steve Emerson. No pics of former and one pic of latter as an adult - if indeed it's same Emerson.

Anyways, thank you again Heather You really are very good at this!
      Last edited by Marine Boy; 18-03-2009, 20:51.

Comment

Hiya Marine Boy - following your lead and putting Ronald Fraser into IMDb I came up with this -

"Follow Me" (1977)
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

thats the exact same link I gave Joybee
          Heather

Comment

All you lovely people running around, trying to help me. I makes me feel warm inside

Comment

Working...
            X