moon landing wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moon landing wallpaper

Does anyone know where to find pics of wallpaper(when i say wallpaper i mean the stuff you put on walls,not on a laptop screen)I remember having moon landing wallpaper,had pods landing and american flags.Ive been searching for ages but as soon as you search anything involving "wallpaper" you get PC screen pics.

Re: moon landing wallpaper

Nearest thing I can find at the moment , but ebays a good place to keep checking.
    Man - Moon NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Designer wallpaper mural on eBay, also, Wallpaper Wall Coverings, DIY Materials, Home Garden (end time 28-Mar-09 15:52:02 GMT)
    Heather

Comment

Tricky. I remember Thunderbirds wallpaper, and others.

I would love to find a piece of Rowland Emett wallpaper, but I've only ever seen one sample.

I wondered if attaching the word "vintage" to the search would help, but it quickly led to these early 70's horrors...
      Original retro wallpaper & vinyl wallcovering from the sixties & seventies - A unique collection of original 1950's to 1980's wallpapers for sale!

I think we had the one on the left...
      "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I had Concorde wallpaper

Comment

Just like a 70's party I went to 2 weeks ago..all the lasses wore dresses in those kinda patterns
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by old git View Post
            Does anyone know where to find pics of wallpaper(when i say wallpaper i mean the stuff you put on walls,not on a laptop screen)I remember having moon landing wallpaper,had pods landing and american flags.Ive been searching for ages but as soon as you search anything involving "wallpaper" you get PC screen pics.
            Hi, I am in the U.S., but I TOTALLY remember this wallpaper!! It was in my room as a kid growing up in the 70's. I also have been searching all over for at least a pic of it so I can share with my son. I wish I would have been smart enough to steal a scrape of it before I moved out and became a grown-up!

It was great. It had illustrations of the moonscape, pod, flags, astronauts working on the moon. If I remember correctly, it had 4 or 5 different illustrations and they repeated over in a random pattern. It used a lot of red, whites and blues. The illustrations weren't "kiddie" or anything like that, but fairly accurate 3-color renderings of the different moonlanding events.

My fav part of my childhood is thinking of all the great times I had in that room while I was reading and hanging out with my friends. I haven't had any luck finding anything about it and your's is the first post to make me finally realize that I didn't make it up!

I have tried looking under vintage, children's wallpaper 70's, moonlanding wallpaper, etc. But yeah, it's unfortunate that wallpaper means desktop wallpaper as well as room wallpaper.

I would love to find that wallpaper again. Anyone else remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Emettman View Post
              Tricky. I remember Thunderbirds wallpaper, and others.
              Here's the classic Thunderbirds Wallpaper

Comment

Originally posted by tsgreer View Post
                Hi, I am in the U.S., but I TOTALLY remember this wallpaper!! It was in my room as a kid growing up in the 70's. I also have been searching all over for at least a pic of it so I can share with my son. I wish I would have been smart enough to steal a scrape of it before I moved out and became a grown-up!

It was great. It had illustrations of the moonscape, pod, flags, astronauts working on the moon. If I remember correctly, it had 4 or 5 different illustrations and they repeated over in a random pattern. It used a lot of red, whites and blues. The illustrations weren't "kiddie" or anything like that, but fairly accurate 3-color renderings of the different moonlanding events.

My fav part of my childhood is thinking of all the great times I had in that room while I was reading and hanging out with my friends. I haven't had any luck finding anything about it and your's is the first post to make me finally realize that I didn't make it up!

I have tried looking under vintage, children's wallpaper 70's, moonlanding wallpaper, etc. But yeah, it's unfortunate that wallpaper means desktop wallpaper as well as room wallpaper.

I would love to find that wallpaper again. Anyone else remember?
                Wow finally someone else who had it.I had it in my room as a small kid in the 70's but still remember it well.Sadly ive never found any pics of it anywhere,despite spending along time searching.I did ask my dad if he remembered where he bought it,but he dosen't even remember me having that paper .The search goes on.

Comment

I thought I was mad (searching for beloved wallpaper of my childhood) but clearly I'm not alone. I too had this wonderful wallpaper. As I recall it was NASA related and had a moon buggy as one of the illustrations, I also remember the American flag quite distinctly. As I've officially reached middle age (40) my boyhood nostalgia has has grown even bigger.

I will continue the pursuit to find it.

I also had some fabulous cowboy wallpaper but that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Justonemoreday View Post
                    I thought I was mad (searching for beloved wallpaper of my childhood) but clearly I'm not alone. I too had this wonderful wallpaper. As I recall it was NASA related and had a moon buggy as one of the illustrations, I also remember the American flag quite distinctly. As I've officially reached middle age (40) my boyhood nostalgia has has grown even bigger.

I will continue the pursuit to find it.

I also had some fabulous cowboy wallpaper but that's another story.
                    Looks like there's more and more of us that had this wallpaper.I'm sure if we all keep searching,a pic will finally be found! Hopefully.

Comment

I'm just watching a TV program about a social experiment where they put 80 year old celebrities into a 70s house that replicates the decor and furniture they had in that era.

It put me in mind of my wallpaper in my bedroom - so I googled it and found you lot. I've never found anyone else who remembers it. Add me to the list of people looking for an image!

Comment

After an hour of trawling, I think I've found it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rolls-60s-nasa-space-program-vintage_1_e60c082d6e60d8a53eb8d61b2f94a15e (1).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	289890Click image for larger version

Name:	rolls-60s-nasa-space-program-vintage_1_e60c082d6e60d8a53eb8d61b2f94a15e (2).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	289892

http://www.retrowallpaper.co.uk/data...oduct_code=C76
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post
                          After an hour of trawling, I think I've found it!

http://www.retrowallpaper.co.uk/data...oduct_code=C76
                          I've not long come back to this site and what a suprise! you've found it thank you i've been looking for this for years.Now bearing in mind this was when i was a kid in the 70's i showed it to my day and the first thing he said was 'you had that'
                          That was all the confermation i needed.One happy chappy here.

Comment

Working...
                          X