god of synth gary numan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: god of synth gary numan

My wife and I love all of Numan's stuff - especially the early albums. Metal is one of my favorite songs. Recently we were at a Goodwill thrift store - I found a Gary Numan music/video disk called Mutate - got it for two dollars but haven't listened/watched it yet. It lists 8 Sound tracks and five Vision items. Way back in the day, people would go nuts at the skating rink whenever they fired-up Cars. I have seen many Numan videos - especially club stuff - on YouTube.

Comment

I was and still am a big fan of Gary numan, but i loved the stuff he done before he became famous. " The plan " LP and " Tubeway Army " LP. The plan was a mixture of old demos etc, a punky sound. Same as "Tubeway Army" his first official LP, my favorite. Tracks like, " listen to the sirens", "my shadow in vain", "somethings in the house", "everyday i die" and of course " jo the waiter". The plan LP has "bombers", "blue eyes", "o.d reciever" and " dont be a dummy" the lee cooper advert song. All good stuff, all more rock/punk than the synth stuff as well
      WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Numan was a big fan of Phillip K Dick novels. "Do androids dream of electric sheep". the novel from which Bladerunner was taken from . The Replicas LP was influenced by that book and the android theme , or machmen as Numan called them.
        Another Dick book, " flow my tears the policeman said" was the first line in the Tubeway Army LP track, listen to the sirens

This might explain the "are friends electric?" question
        Last edited by kevpk; 06-07-2009, 22:33.
        WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Off to see the Numeister again next month on the Pleasure Principle 09 Tour.
          Saw the Replicas Tour last year and it was fab. Will be fifth time I've seen him

Comment

I really didn't like synth music at all until i heard 'are friends electric' that huge wall of sound, Gary's vocal and lyrics just mesmerised me.
            I thought it sounded so futuristic and unlike anything i heard before, one of those records that makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and sends shivers down your spine (in a good way).
            Rushed out and bought it played it over and over, just loved it, fantastic record.
            Thanks Gary for a great rush.

Comment

Working...
            X