70's kids TV show.. I think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's kids TV show.. I think!

:cry: Hi, Trying to figure out what a kids show was called, think it's from the late seventies?. All I can remember is that the show started with a boy in a lift in a block of flats, the cables snap? the lift plunges down and just keeps on going. He ends up in a subterranean world.. A dark show that scared the bajeebers out of me!

Sadly I spent the rest of the time hiding behind the sofa, so can't add any more detail..

Re: 70's kids TV show.. I think!

This is "The King of the Castle", from HTV in 1977. Roland finds himself facing fantasy versions of people from the real world, his teacher (Fulton MacKay) is like Frankenstein, the local bully is a Samurai warrior, etc.

Comment

Re: 70's kids TV show..King of the castle!

Hey thanks Lurker This has haunted me for many a year

Brilliant to finally lay this one to rest! There are a number of segments on youtube. Have copied a link to the one that shows the intro. Started to watch the first episode, oddly found myself hiding back behind the sofa... Some things never change.. Oh to be young again!

YouTube - King Of The Castle 2/1

Thanks again!

Comment

ooh I soooo know Ronald from some other TV series back then???
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I didn't recognise the show from the description and having looked at the clip, I don't recognise that either. I thought I recalled all the dramatic kids shows of the time. And it was a Bob Baker and Dave Martin script as well!

Just shows.

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
            ooh I soooo know Ronald from some other TV series back then???
            'Scum'..that was it
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
            X