Cereal freebies/offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cereal freebies/offers

I'm guessing Kelloggs Sugar Smacks were an earlier version of their Honey Smacks, which in turn were pretty much identical to Sugar Puffs. I remember getting Honey Smacks in Kelloggs variety packs sometimes, and the advert that went "My Kelloggs Honey Smacks, you know that I love you..." to the tune of 'sugar pie honey bunch'. I don't know if you can still get them. This would have been late 80's/ early 90's I think.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember that Honey Smacks ad, mid to late 1980's I'm guessing.

There was another sung to the tune of Oh Boy! with a cartoon bee at a fairground.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Sugar Smacks were like a sweeter version of Sugar puffs, just a little bit smaller

Comment

Frosties Save The Tiger

Comment

Comment

Comment

How can you not like the old Tony The Tiger?! Wish they'd redesign Jnr and bring the old look back, or introduce Jnrs son and he can look like Tony Jnrs Dad did...

Also, anyone remember those small models Kelloggs did in conjunction with the release of Disney's The Black Cauldron? I think all the kids range had the small models of the main characters in them, or maybe it was Rice Crispies. I also remember Corn Flakes doing planes from history - small model kits of things like Concorde, 747 etc...pretty naff and hard to build as a kid as the parts were so small. I remember Bran Flakes once had 'free potato peelers' in boxes, different colours, we got a brown one - which Mum and Dad liked as that was one of their favourite colours....around 1985 when the boxes were a lighter blue.

Comment

• Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

never ever though i'd see this again...wow.i used to collect these as a kid..thank you huggie 74

Comment

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

wow your freaking me out now....but in a nice way...thanks again huggie

Comment

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

the last 2 post i'm on about the weetabix dr who box from 1976...sorry drink was involved lol.

Comment

great to see again.....i love this site..THANK YOU

Comment

• Re: Cereal freebies

Definately sheddies (UK) so probably on other kelloggs uk, uh oh somethings nagging me to say weetabix (in our house mum only bought sensible cerial so if kelloggs did anything cool we would have to eat sheddies as all other cereals from kelloggs were NOT GOOD FOR YOU) anyway the date is between 1983 and 1987 because when I think of this its in one particular house we lived in during this time. Any help or no help?
                          Best regards
                          Tobi H

Comment

• Re: Cereal freebies

These days you can buy the shrinkie dink material all over the place, and the cool bit is its transparent enough to trace through so print a picture trace it coulour it and whack it in the oven! Do all the catching up you need, warning ! I think modern ovens are ok, but our old one used to only shrink them one way if we didnt turn it 90 deg half way through!
                            Best regards
                            Tobi H

Comment

These were in uk kelloggs boxes so cool you would get one or two in a box but often stuck together your look amazing for their age.
                              Best refgards
                              Tobi H

Comment

• Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. The whole reason I joined this site was looking for these for my autistic son, he loves transformers and he loves modeling with paper I remembered these and have scoured the web for any trace of them I've emailed kellogs and weetabix they coulnt be bothered to even reply with a no. People my age just look at me as if I've cracked up when I talk about this kind of thing (only 37 we had the best of this kind of thing growning up and no one seems to remember but me) pehaps I was easily pleased as a kid but hey thank you again and again hes going to love these.
                                Best regards
                                Tobi H

Comment

Working...
                                X