Cereal freebies/offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

Here are some of the other boxes from ebay earlier this year. Was going to bid on a couple but they got quite pricey!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SN204694.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	259764Click image for larger version

Name:	SN204693.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	259766Click image for larger version

Name:	SN204688.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	259768

Name:	SN204684.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	259767Click image for larger version

Name:	SN204687.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	259765
    "Spare me your space-age techno babble Attila The Hun"

Comment

Hovercraft and Sea King Helicopters, it was actually worth buying the cereal back then!

Anyway who remembers in 1980 the Battle of Britain 40th Anniversary cards (these cards you tilted back and forth and it showed you how a Spitfire could shoot down an ME 109 and so on? I could have been Shredded Wheat? I had 4 but they went the way of most things, lost forever. My anorak friends loved them!

Comment

Re: Cereal freebies

Anyone remember what cereal these holograms came with, if in fact it was a cereal?
        Would like some more info on them like how many were in the set etc,

This one is number 2 and is an orc or something.

Name:	dd.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	259773
        "Spare me your space-age techno babble Attila The Hun"

Comment

I spotted talk of the Weetabix Club a few pages (and a few years!) back - spotted this advert so I thought I'd share

Name:	WeetabixClub.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	259788
          Link to larger pic: http://www.imagebam.com/image/ca3bc298209066
          Last edited by Fearmint; 18-09-2010, 12:10. Reason: Added link since the board shrunk my scan!

Comment

Heather

Comment

WOW Huggie, thats the same box as the one in the recent BBC4 programme 'The Young Ones'.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Can anyone remember if Shredded wheat ever had a free football figure and football with a cut out goal on the packet,I'm certain they did

Comment

Anyone remember this guy? I added this box to my collection just last week:

UK - Kellogg's Sugar Smacks - featuring Gamekeeper Max - cereal box - 1975 by JasonLiebig, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                    Can anyone remember if Shredded wheat ever had a free football figure and football with a cut out goal on the packet,I'm certain they did
                    Yes, I had that. It was a white plastic figure, a bit like the game 'Striker', where you pushed his head down and his right leg would shoot out and kick the ball. From the box you cut out the goal, and Gordon Banks the goalkeeper, who had a long thin 'handle' coming out of his boots which you had to fold at right angles, so you could stand behind the goal and move Gordon across the line (or off the line if it was a weak referee!).

Not sure why they chose Gordon Banks, as by now (think this was 75 or 76) he'd been retired a while due to his car accident and loss of an eye. Mind you, even with one eye, he'd have been a better keeper than Robert Green.

There was also loads of Kevin Keegan related stuff in Shredded Wheat, such as a 'join the dots' football game on shiny card, which you could play over and over with felt tip pen or chinagraph pencil and rub off. Also some quiz cards where you had to get the right answers from multiple choice to complete a kind of jigsaw trail with a picture of Kevin on the back.

Love the Hair Bear Bunch by the way. I still say 'ooh ooh, Mr Peevley', and young people at work (ie anyone born after 1976) just look at me in a funny way.

Comment

Thanks Stockportyears,I never really liked shredded wheat but ate them when there was a good free gift.
                      The hair bear bunch was one of my favourite programmes,I sing the theme tune to my kids who find it very funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                        Thanks Stockportyears,I never really liked shredded wheat but ate them when there was a good free gift.
                        The hair bear bunch was one of my favourite programmes,I sing the theme tune to my kids who find it very funny!
                        That prompted me to watch:

Still fab
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Belle Vue Zoo was never like this. Probably why it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                            I used to love collecting these when I was a kid in the 70's. The ones that really got me though were the cardboard cut outs of Dr Who characters that came free with weetabix in the mid 70s. There were scenes on the back of 24 or 48 packs that you could collect as well. You got 1 figure free with 12, 2 with 24 and 4 with 48. I was desperate to collect the full set and for weeks lived on weetabix. My mum wouldn't buy any unless i'd finished the previous pack. I even spent my pocket money on them.

Before the Dr Who characters I remember they did Disney Robin Hood characters. Other freebies that i can remember collecting were hologram stickers from Frosties, magic paint books from Ricicles, cardboard "pop up" western buildings so you could build a town for Klondike Pete with Golden nuggets and letraset Star wars transfers with shreddies.

Anybody else remember any of these?
                            i do not remember the dr who ones.
                            maybe i was just to young to remember them.
                            but i sure remember you would get plastic toys in a small packet at the bottom of the bag of cereals.

another thing i wish was brought back.
                            suppose it was another health and safey concern.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In my experience of working on a shop floor it's more like theft. There were kids nicking CD ROMS and Pokemon cards from the fronts of cereal packets.
                              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember collecting the 'Back To The Future' choose your own adventure-type books in the mid-'80s. There was a series of six which followed the main plot of the movie, and I think they came free with Shreddies (although I might be wrong about the cereal, it was definitely with a cereal though), I managed to get them all after collecting five and swapping a spare with the missing one from one of my friends. I don't have them now though.

I also recall getting one-or-two free cards which featured a picture of an animal, such as a giraffe for example, and when you changed the angle of the picture it turned into the Jurrasic version of the animal. These came free with Corn Flakes.

If you have the 'Look-In' '80s special annual which was released a few years ago, and should still be available, there's an ad in it for free pop stickers given away with Weetabix (as advertised by the Weetabix characters of the '80s). I'm sure I had the 'Modern Romance' one.
                                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                                X