• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cereal freebies/offers

Again..these are all American. not English items

Comment

I remember nagging my mum to buy Golden Nuggets because they had a freebie in them about 1976 I have no idea what it was. She wasn't very happy because well frankly they were bloody horrible and after all the nagging I didn't eat them and neither would my brothers and sister.

Comment

Originally posted by whitewall66 View Post
        I remember nagging my mum to buy Golden Nuggets because they had a freebie in them about 1976 I have no idea what it was. She wasn't very happy because well frankly they were bloody horrible and after all the nagging I didn't eat them and neither would my brothers and sister.
        For me Golden Nuggets were the best! We weren't allowed them often though.

Comment

Teeth breakers, LOL.

Comment

Good old Klondike Pete! Whatever happened to him and his donkey?
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Try this excellent site http://cerealoffers.com/

Comment

Anyone else have a collection of these on their wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
                  Anyone else have a collection of these on their wall?
                  I remember those animal heads, I'm not sure if I cut any out or not.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Re: Cereal freebies

The Sugar Puffs jigsaws - I think I had the one with the boy in green.
                    http://cerealoffers.com/Quaker_Ltd/S...k_puzzles.html

Comment

Do you have any more of these? I remember having the complete set, they all sat on a shelf in the kitchen for ages.
                      Come and visit www.yellowplanet.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Cereal Boxes/Offers

My Dad, Gordon Archer, is the artist behind most of the Weetabix Promotions during the 70's & 80's.

These included the two for Doctor Who, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Asterix, Batman & Wonder Woman, Olympic Games (80 & 84 I think), Flash Gordon and also the Weetabix Gang characters for the first 3-4 years.

Jon
                        Come and visit www.yellowplanet.co.uk

Comment

Boxes from the '70s and '80s

Attached Files
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                            I remember collecting the 'Back To The Future' choose your own adventure-type books in the mid-'80s. There was a series of six which followed the main plot of the movie, and I think they came free with Shreddies (although I might be wrong about the cereal, it was definitely with a cereal though), I managed to get them all after collecting five and swapping a spare with the missing one from one of my friends. I don't have them now though.
                            Only 8 years late but I can say that these were definitely given away in Shreddies. I collected them all and still have them. I also loved Shreddies so not even a chore unlike Shredded Wheat which was so boring you had to really want the gifts to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellowplanet View Post
                              My Dad, Gordon Archer, is the artist behind most of the Weetabix Promotions during the 70's & 80's.

These included the two for Doctor Who, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Asterix, Batman & Wonder Woman, Olympic Games (80 & 84 I think), Flash Gordon and also the Weetabix Gang characters for the first 3-4 years.

Jon
                              That's awesome! Were they the ones with the scenes on the back and the glow in the dark transfers or the cut outs?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearmint View Post
                                Only 8 years late but I can say that these were definitely given away in Shreddies. I collected them all and still have them. I also loved Shreddies so not even a chore unlike Shredded Wheat which was so boring you had to really want the gifts to buy it.
                                True.. eating shredded wheat is like eating the sharpenings from a pencil
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X