70s childrens tv program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s childrens tv program

hi there i remeber a program early 70 s childrens program it was about cavalry or indians im sure black and white i remember cannons firing and shots being fired im sure you never saw any figures just cotton wool moving about the screen might have had the words wild west or somthing in its title sorry for being so vague but this is all i can remeber im sure it would of been betwen 1970 and 75 can anyone help

Re: 70s childrens tv program

I vaguely remember Michael Bentine's Potty Time had battle sequences with gun and cannon noise and just little footprints appearing in sand. I found a few colour clips on You Tube (but not of the scenes I'm thinking of) and I think originally they were in black & white. Does the theme tune jog any memories? YouTube - Potty Time
    YouTube - potty time 2 clips

Comment

yes thats the one thanks alot brill i thought i was dreaming about it that is deff the one cheers agsin regsrds jason

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
        I vaguely remember Michael Bentine's Potty Time had battle sequences with gun and cannon noise and just little footprints appearing in sand. I found a few colour clips on You Tube (but not of the scenes I'm thinking of) and I think originally they were in black & white. Does the theme tune jog any memories? YouTube - Potty Time
        YouTube - potty time 2 clips
        The theme certainly does take me back. But I have a feeling it may have been used on something else as well. Will have to have a think.

That YouTube page also gives 'Barbapapas' in the side bar. Quite a find!

Comment

Originally posted by pieandcash View Post
          yes thats the one thanks alot brill i thought i was dreaming about it that is deff the one cheers agsin regsrds jason
          You're welcome For some reason I've thought all these years that the Michael Bentine programme was called Hattytown, but it's a completely different programme YouTube - Hattytown. Isn't YouTube wonderful

Comment

I'm sure you're right Marine Boy, the 'Potty Time' theme tune was used for something else and it's now driving me mental trying to remember what it was!!! Anyone know?
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
              You're welcome For some reason I've thought all these years that the Michael Bentine programme was called Hattytown, but it's a completely different programme YouTube - Hattytown. Isn't YouTube wonderful
              I bought a video of Hattytown a few years back to prove to my mates that it did actually exist. None of them could remember it.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                I'm sure you're right Marine Boy, the 'Potty Time' theme tune was used for something else and it's now driving me mental trying to remember what it was!!! Anyone know?
                Google needs to get a sound recognition version. You could sing at it, and it would give you options as to what the tune could be!

Comment

kaz, are you thinking of Captain Pugwash? It's fairly similar-ish
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by pieandcash View Post
                    I bought the whole first series DVD of Potty Time off Amazon last year....there's about 24 episodes IIRC, each about 15 mins long....me & my son watched them all in one sitting Great stuff!

Although I preferred the later series; this was the one with the 'invisible soldiers' fighting their mini-battles.....

Dave
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                      kaz, are you thinking of Captain Pugwash? It's fairly similar-ish
                      No I checked this out and it is definitely not that I'm thinking of. Still can't get it though. I love your idea Marine Boy of a sound recognition site. It would save many sleepless nights!
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

...I love your idea Marine Boy of a sound recognition site. It would save many sleepless nights!
                        Certainly would!

I had a brainwave about where I'd heard the music before and decided it was used for The Navy Lark on radio. But I've just listened to a BBC7 repeat and it's a different tune - though it is also played on the harmonica and has the same feel.

Comment

Working...
                        X