ELITE.....ewsome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELITE.....ewsome

do any of you remember a game called elite, it was a sort of space adventure sort of game, ie you buy at one planet and sell for more at another and you would then buy better weapons i used to play it on a zx spectrum....once the game was loaded (sometimes it would mess up and wouldnt load we used to crack up lol) you would put this thing onto the tv/monitor screen to find out what the code is lol.....i used to operate a certain amount of keys and my cousin would operate another set of keys (very cramped around a zx spectrom lmao
    it was just a great game.

Re: ELITE.....ewsome

I do remember playing it a little bit, but then would get bored and go back to the platformers or match day 2 lol i think my brother played it quite a lot tho.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I remember playing this too. As soon as I read the name I instantly recalled the screens with all the lines on it.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Excellent game, use to play it on my spectrum and then on the Commodore Amiga.

There is a very good version for Windows called Oolite and its free.

Oolite

Comment

I spent hours paying Elite II on my brothers Amiga 500. Got to the rank of Deadly (One below Elite) before I stopped playing.

I must have done hundreds of missions to earn the credits so I could buy the large plasma accelerator which according to the manual was powerful enough to destroy cities from orbit and stations with a single shot.

With that in mind I set out in my ship of doom to conquer the galaxy. Needless to say the claims were somewhat exaggerated. I turned the game off in disgust and never played again

Comment

here it is.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDKNyuwByQ4
            i really likes both elite games.
            played them to death.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've been playing Minecraft recently and I was talking about the open ending gameplay of it with a friend when suddenly we ended up talking about Elite. Me and my friend have only known each other a few years, but talking about this game instantly transported me to my youth where I'd spend hours playing Elite. The funny thing is he'd spend all his time transporting goods where I would always end up playing as a pirate and smuggler.

Good times. I hear EVE online is very similar but I don't really have the time or patience to deal with something like that. I think it's the sort of progressive game that would work on a smartphone though, I'm sure someone already filled that gap in the market, but I am unaware of it.

Comment

I enjoyed playing Elite, it took a long time to learn all the ins & outs of the game, but it was fun.

Every now & again I would arrive at a planet & be mobbed by pirates, & end up having to eject loosing a valuble cargo.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My maths teacher at school was a retired engineer who had made a lot of money at BAe helping design the wings for the Harrier Jump Jet. He was one of the first people in the UK to buy a computer. In the early 80s he ran a computer club at school. He personally paid for the BBC Micro computers at school and taught us all how to play Elite. He also managed to blag us a school trip to Alton Towers with the reasoning that going on rollercoasters is the best way to understand Newtons Laws of Motion etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X