colour change bath toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour change bath toys

Can anyone helpme...it's been bugging me for ages and I'm starting to think I imagined it! Does anyone remember a soft toy from the 70s/80s it was for the bath and changed colour in hot water...I'm sure mine was a penguin...any help most appreciated! Thanks

Re: colour change bath toys

I remember them so you've not dreamt it Finding the exact one might prove tricky, but here's a Colour changing Hello Kitty from the 80's

Click image for larger version

Name:	2498147658_d7b14f5b7a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	258566
    Heather

Comment

From the Woolworths 1986 Christmas book.

Hello Colour.

Comment

I remember them! I'm trying to find a store that sells them. Does anyone know where I can get them from?

Comment

I remember seeing some adverts for these.

Matchbox also made some toy cars which would change colour after being submerged in warm water. I've still got a couple in my parents attic.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I just found this forum as I too was googling change colour toys to see if i was going nuts or not!

I think from memory i had a unicorn!

Thank you for confirming for me!

Comment

I had one of these. Was that the name? 'hello colour"? It's been bugging me for years too. I seem to remember that they
              were made of a rather dense material for something that was meant to go in water all the time and took forever to dry out. I quickly lost interest.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

YES YES, I had the penguin and I lOVED that toy, I wish I could find one now for my daughter. I want to say I think it was Hello Kitty toys or something....one of my favorites

Comment

ah yes been a long time since i saw these.
                  think i had the middle one.
                  fisher price always did great toys.

Originally posted by davidthomas27 View Post
                  From the Woolworths 1986 Christmas book.

Hello Colour.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Whizz001 View Post
                    I remember them! I'm trying to find a store that sells them. Does anyone know where I can get them from?
                    ebay is one of the best places to get stuff they don't make anymore

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    I remember seeing some adverts for these.

Matchbox also made some toy cars which would change colour after being submerged in warm water. I've still got a couple in my parents attic.
                    yeah i had one of those cars, it was a purple Pontiac Firebird, that changed light blue when you put it in hot water, then went back to purple in cold water.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                      ebay is one of the best places to get stuff they don't make anymore

yeah i had one of those cars, it was a purple Pontiac Firebird, that changed light blue when you put it in hot water, then went back to purple in cold water.
                      I had a Corvette & a Dragster (not sure what it was based one) that were red when cold but would change to orange then yellow in hot water.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Comment

Hi, the thread have been there for a long time but I am currently looking for this exact toy.

For me it was a Unicorn like branded for princess, little girls.

Thank you for the pictures you posted i'll keep digging to find it, I will keep you update if I find the unicorn toy.

Comment

Working...
                          X