Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a Public Info film about Rabies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a Public Info film about Rabies??

Hi,
    Can anyone remember a public information film about rabies? I can remember watching something about rabies as a child and you saw someone being given this really horrific injection straight into their belly button!!!!!

Kind regards

Meg x x x

Re: Was there a Public Info film about Rabies??

quite a few

Keep rabies out
    Rabies 'Keep Rabies Out' TV ad - 40 sec advert

YouTube - Rabies Outbreak (1976) - Public Information Film

Public Information Films | 1979 to 2006 | Film index | Rabies Advice

A very hard hitting one
    YouTube - Rabies Danger: Public Information Film 1982
    Heather

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks but it was none of those...It was quite a long one so maybe it was a documentary & not a public info film...I can't remember that much about it apart from this poor person being given this horific injection straight into their belly

Kind regards
      Meg

Comment

There was a BBC drama series about rabies in the early 80s, "The Mad Death". Could it have been in that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker In The Shadows View Post
          There was a BBC drama series about rabies in the early 80s, "The Mad Death". Could it have been in that?
          I can't remember that one but I will check it out on You Tube

Kind regards

Meg x x x

Comment

Yes MEG you are right! I remember it vividly for the same "belly button" reasons as you! It would of been about 1978ish. It was a public info film because I remember seeing it several times!

Comment

Charlie Says has a couple of scary ones.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Meg67 View Post
                Hi,
                Thanks but it was none of those...It was quite a long one so maybe it was a documentary & not a public info film...I can't remember that much about it apart from this poor person being given this horific injection straight into their belly

Kind regards
                Meg
                Hi Meg, yes I remember this one too. It scared me to death and made rabies a constant but irrational fear for me throughout my childhood. It was made by the Government in 1975 (when I was 8) and began with the words "Only the English Channel stands between Britain and rabies..." You see a dog jumping off a boat onto a beach, then an acted scene in which a sobbing girl is comforted by her mother in a doctor's waiting room. A smiling doctor attempts to welcome her, then has to give her an injection into her stomach wall. She winces. The commentary goes on " if you are bitten by a rabid animal, the treatment is long and painful - and it doesn't always work. If you fail to get treatment and the symptoms of rabies appear, there is no known cure and death is inevitable." It's at this point that the true horror for me comes into view - real footage of a mongrel dog staggering and slumping on it's rear, panting heavily, followed by a scene from a hospital of a bearded man viciously shaking his head from side to side at a furious rate while strapped in a bed dying of the disease. The film ends with a family and their dog at an outdoor cafe by the sea, as the voiceover chillingly warns "We must keep rabies out - because rabies kills PEOPLE". This film was shown during the spring and summer holiday season to discourage people from smuggling animals in to the UK, and the other films mentioned were produced in 1976 and 1982.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                X