Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remakes

What do you think of old shows being made into films today ? we have had STARSKY & HUTCH the DUKES of HAZARD and others none are like the original and now there is talk of an ALIAS SMITH & JONES movie starring Owen Wilson as Curry.

Re: Remakes

I was horrified at The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy film! Took me a couple of years to forgive all in involved in making it before I could watch it again and try to appreciate it as something far removed from the series.

Comment

I thought the remake of Starsky and Hutch was very good, the actor that played Starsky really portayed him well, all the mannerisms etc were exactly right.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

One of my all time favorite Films "The Thing" absolutly Brilliant !!
        which was a Remake of the 1951 original, "The Thing From Another World".
        and guess what??....Look's like they are going to be Making a Remake of the Remake
        would have prefered a sequal tho
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I personally feel that old tv series should be a treasured memory of their time and it seems wrong to make an up to date movie of them, for me it never seems to work.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Theres a remake in the works for Clash Of The Titans from 1981, due out in 2010, or so says The Internet Movie Database (IMDb). Love the origional but wouldnt mind giving the remake a look see.

And i love The Thing too. And also the 80's remake of The Blob...man did that scare me!
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I think some things are best left in the memory, watching reruns of old programmes/films often takes away the magic you hold for them.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                I was horrified at The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy film! Took me a couple of years to forgive all in involved in making it before I could watch it again and try to appreciate it as something far removed from the series.

I still haven't. Another thing you can do with a towel is cry into it. And yes I did take my towel to the film.

I can now dissect out the few decent bits: essentially Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast and the CGI of Magarathea.

So few remakes do better.
                Though I love both Coleman and Granger versions of "The Prisoner of Zenda" And the McQueen and Brosnan versions of "The Thoms Crown Affair.

TV remakes? Most series were of their time. But the Avengers and The New Avengers went well. Very well.
                "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Randall & Hopkirk (deceased) - The remake was far too smugly done by Reeves and Mortimer

Also I remember the vital spark from many years ago but the remake 'Tales of paraHandy' - with him off Rab C Nesbitt just didn't do it for me

Comment

have to say compared to the original clash of the titans the remake for me does not come close mate.

the original is a true fantasy classic.

Originally posted by SpiralCoolStuff View Post
                    Theres a remake in the works for Clash Of The Titans from 1981, due out in 2010, or so says The Internet Movie Database (IMDb). Love the origional but wouldnt mind giving the remake a look see.

And i love The Thing too. And also the 80's remake of The Blob...man did that scare me!
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The 70's tv drama 'Survivors' was brilliant........the remake a few years ago, tosh.

Comment

Dont remember the original survivors cant remember the new version you speak off either.
                        but id believe the original was better

Im pretty sure superstars came back in recent yrs though and it was as good as the original.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                        The 70's tv drama 'Survivors' was brilliant........the remake a few years ago, tosh.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Remakes of old Films/T V Series ...... where do you start, there are so many now

some have been good (The A-Team)

some have been ok (Transformers - the first one after that not so great)

somer have been bad (Fame)

BUT (there is always a but) without a doubt the worst remake in the history of remakes (and I will have not arguments ) is Thunderbirds....

There is no hell bad enough for any person involved in this steaming pile of monkey dung (expletives left out as this is a family site)
                          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

i can't do remakes..........even if they look terribly out dated i'd much rather sit through the original once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                              i can't do remakes..........even if they look terribly out dated i'd much rather sit through the original once in a while
                              Agreed, whenever I see a remake of anything, be it a film, tv series etc, it never looks 'right'.........leave well alone as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X