Name that sit com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that sit com

I used to watch Watching though I wasn't a big fan. I remember someone in it was running a motorbike repair service out of their garage.

It took me ages to work out why Watching was chosen for a title, one book on TV mentions that it was because one character was into bird watching, but I can't really remember that in any episodes I saw.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Just finished watching the first 2 series. It was called Watching, maybe for 2 reasons,

Malcolm, one of the main charachters was into bird watching and his girlfriend, Brenda was eventually persuaded into birdwatching with him. This was evident particulary in the early series.

Brenda and her sister Pam, used to sit in the pub, The Grapes and people watch, trying to guess what people were, they used to make up ridiculous things about people.

Brendas one liners are simply amazing, very witty and delivered with venom at times. Was watching an episode the other night and I was doubled up with laughter at one of her one liners. Malcolm was explaining to Brenda that he was out on a marsh birdwatching but ruined his binoculars. What happened asks Brenda, Oh he replies i dropped them in the bog. My god exclaims Brenda, what were you looking at. Classic, well it is on DVD, maybe you had to have seen it, perfect comedy timimg

Stewart

Comment

recently finished watching the box set all 7 DVD,s. Absolutely brilliant comedy with such great charachters. I remember Brenda being hilarious with some great one liners, but her mother who appears from series 6 is 10 times better and funnier.

If you get a chance buy the DVD, this is how comedy should be. So called modern comedy writers should be made to watch this to see how to write comedy, without resorting to any smut, innuendo or swearing to get a cheap laugh

Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X