Ashes To Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashes To Ashes

I've seen a promo for the new series so it must be on soon. Can't wait!
    It is second only to Life On Mars and I was so sad that finished after 2 series.
    Gene Hunt is an absolute legend!

My favourite Huntism was:
    'It's 1973, almost dinnertime, I'm 'avin 'oops'

And I know this is a rip off of The Sweeney's Jack Regan's line:
    'We're The Sweeney son and we haven't had any dinner'
    But they both make me laugh.

I understand they are making a new Sweeney film. Can it possibly match up to the original. I doubt it Sunshine. 'Get your trousers on, you're nicked' LOL

sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Ashes To Ashes

"You're surrounded by armed barstewards"

Can't wait for this to come on, I think Life on Mars was better, but it grew on me and 1982 (which it moves onto in the next series) is a year i remember well

Any idea who's going to be in the Sweeney?
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new series of Ashes To Ashes, I wasn't really blown away by the first series but I absolutely love Life On Mars and have just watched both series 1 & 2 again recently. From what I hear one of the key characters from Life On Mars will be making an appearance in this new series, Annie Cartwright or Frank Morgan are the best bets I think.
      My favourite Gene Hunt line isn't really one that most will remember but there is an epsiode where the team are trying to work out a case or a motive and aren't having much luck and Annie pipes up with an idea before Gene Hunt turns around and booms "Erm, excuse me Mrs Woman!!!" I was laughing my head off at that.

Comment

agree that LOM was the better of the two series to date....still, some good bits in Ashes to Ashes (esp music-wise!)....my fave bit was Roxy Music's 'Same Old Scene'..love that camera zooming-in-type-bit

Here:
        YouTube - Ashes To Ashes Same Old Scene
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Can't wait for A2A series 2. Missed LOM 1st time around but watched it on line after watching A2A series 1.

My favourite Gene Hunt line is actually from A2A. Episode 1 or 2 when he gets out of the Audi and stares at Keeley Hawes (who wouldn't?). She pulls her gun then notices he's staring. Puzzled she asks "What?"

"You, in leather, holding that. Gives me thee 'orn"
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Ashes to Ashes (s1) hasn't been broadcast here in Oz yet. ABC broadcast both the UK LoM series which I loved, but haven't announced that they've picked up AtA yet. Strangely, one of the other stations is currently showing the American LoM, which I expected to hate but it is actually entertaining. They've had to dumb things down and make far more obvious references but Harvey Kietel is a good Gene Genie although nobody can top the original Hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              "You're surrounded by armed barstewards"

Can't wait for this to come on, I think Life on Mars was better, but it grew on me and 1982 (which it moves onto in the next series) is a year i remember well

Any idea who's going to be in the Sweeney?
              Apparently Ray Winstone will be playing Jack Regan, but I don't know who will be George Carter.
              I love Ray, but can he pull it off?
              sigpic

Comment

Oh good,can't wait! I preferred ashes to Life on Mars.My mate loves Gene,I couldn't see the fascination at first,but I can now!

tulip

Comment

I love Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. My favorite Gene Hunt line is the one in series 1 of LoM where they jump out of the car and Gene calls some little kids over and says something like "Any one of touches this car and I'll come round your house and stamp on all your toys!"

Comment

For anyone who's interested the series starts on Monday 20th April at 9.00 on BBC 1. Not to be missed!
                    sigpic

Comment

Got the dvd recorder set

Comment

So what did everyone think?

I thought it was great, decent storyline, great one liners from the Hunt and fantastic music. The 80s for me is definitely the best musically

Comment

Loved it.Love Gene Hunt to bits and the music was great.

tulip

Comment

Yep, loving the new series. The standard is still high.
                            'Get your knickers on, you're nicked'. Classic stuff!
                            sigpic

Comment

As soon as it ends , if you follow the 'BBC RED BUTTON' you get a 80's TOTP sequence featuring the chart biggies of the time - - last night we had Haircut 100 , Bananarama, Duranx2 and Tears for Fears

They show them with singalong Karaole subtitles and a growling Gene Hunt doing the voice-links while making sarky comments about the camp characteristics of the artistes

Comment

Working...
                              X