Anyone Play Blockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Play Blockey?

Im sure this game was played all over the country under different names.

A bit like hide and seek played outdoors, it would have one person on who would count to 100 whilst everybody else went off to hide.

If the person that was on spotted you, you had to race back to the starting point, the person that was on had to say Block 123 followed by the found person's name. However if the found person got back and said cut before the on person finished saying their piece then they wouldnt be counted as got.

Meanwhile the other hiding people could attempt to get back to the start or block and say cut without being caught, if three people got got the cuts then the game started again with the same person on. If there weren't three cuts then the first person caught would be on for the next game.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Anyone Play Blockey?

I'm sure we played this but we called it "Olly Olly Oxen free" I'm sure that was it
    Heather

Comment

I guess each of area of the country would have its own name for it, nice name

Comment

Well, it sounds exactly like a game we played in the early seventies. We called it 'Tin Pan Ally', and we used a lamp post as 'home'.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          Well, it sounds exactly like a game we played in the early seventies. We called it 'Tin Pan Ally', and we used a lamp post as 'home'.
          Yes we used a lamp post too, should have said that

Comment

We used to play it. I can't remember the name though. Sometimes we used to pick somebody we didn't like very much to be on and then the rest of us would just disappear for hours.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Aren't kids lovely

We used to cheat sometimes to make the same person stay on. Unfortunately that was quite often me.

Comment

I remember it as Tin Pan Alley too. Used to hate being 'It'!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                X