Stray Cats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stray Cats...

...they have been mentioned on here a few times but there is no thread about them.
    The Stray Cats are one of my favourite bands of all time,anyone else like them or is it because Im a westcountry hillbilly? Great memories for me.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Re: Stray Cats...

I was well into them as a young kid in the early 80's, there was a bit of a rockabilly revival at that time and i loved that stuff.

Havent listened to any of them for years, they're a band you never really see or hear on the 80s tv and radio shows.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

they're a band you never really see or hear on the 80s tv and radio shows.[/quote]
      Damn shame in my opinion,got this for xmas a few years ago.....

...Blinding concert,great version of sleepwalk halfway through.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I remember buying the 7inch picture sleeve of Stray Cat Strut....got bored with that and flipped it over and there is the most excellent live recording of a bluesy number called "Drink That Whole Bottle Down" I think the bass-player is taking the lead vocal and the whole recording has got a real jazz-club feel to it.... class!!

Comment

I really liked the Stray Cats aswell.Stray Cat Strut was a real one in a million tracks.Everyone i knew loved that stray cat strut track.

Comment

Really cheeses me off when you see these 80s shows that just show Duran, Spandau etc. Maybe a bit of Ska but not very often but they never show any Rockabilly, I was a huge fan of the whole Rockabilly scene in the early 80s and if you listened to shows like TOTP2 you'd think it never happened. Stray Cats were superb but I loved the Polecats best of all.

Comment

"Oh the girl on my left is looking better every beeer.....hic"Yep I remember the stray cats only too well.they were a part of yet another rock and roll,rokerbilly revival this time of the early 80's.The same revival that had been bubbling away underground since Elvis died in 1977.This one emerged in the early 80's with bands like the Jets and Shakin stephens,etc.Pretty much along side the mod revival in the early 80's as well.As usual there was a lot of friction between mods and rockers then as there was back in the 60's in various areas.Especially in mixed 50's and 60's music nights around town.There were many rock and roll clubs on the go about this time time and I was a regular at our local one and used to travel several hundred miles to visit many other clubs and venues.Many of these clubs had formed in the early 70's due to another earlier revival then but had fallen dormant then revived again later.There were really too many bands to remember them all,even psychobilly came a bit later and went just as quick.Saw some great bands,and just as many **** ones.The best were always the original artists like wee willy harris from the 50's,or screaming lord sutch from the 60's,worse bands were from the earlier revival from the 70's like sowaddywaddy or mud that used to just stand there like wet planks and mime.Most later bands from the late 70's early 80's on the club circuit could be rather good,more always leaning towards rockerbilly.Rare exceptions being people like Crazy cavern etc who catered for the british teddy boys or ton up teds.

Comment

Working...
              X