70's scary tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's scary tv show

...I remember in the mid 70's going to my parents friends house to play cards on Saturday nights. They didn't have kids so I watched tv till all hours. One show scared the #$%^&! out of me. It seemed like it was a weekly series...but this one episode was so scary to me. All I can remember is this tiny little witch doctor like thing running around screaming and I think he was carrying a spear. Can anyone tell me what show this was? This has been bugging me for years. I'm sure if I watched it today it would be funny....but back then I had a blanket over my head!

Re: 70's scary tv show

This one's come up on here before Cody. Trilogy of Terror;

YouTube - Trilogy of Terror(1975) Part 1
    YouTube - Trilogy of Terror(1975) Part 2
    YouTube - Trilogy of Terror(1975) Part 3

Scared the *$@# out of me first time I saw it too

Comment

Well, Claudine, I don't know what Cody's response will be, but mine was to run into the garden making whooping noises and dancing. It was very embarrassing

But seriously, this is one of the two horror movies from my childhood that have stayed with me to this day, and I've been trying to find it again for ages. It really is a brilliant little story; totally bonkers in one sense, but I love it. And it was Karen Black in the lead! I'd completely forgotten that. Thanks soooooooo much for the link - and I should also thank the YouTube guy for uploading it.

(The other movie I recall by the way, was Crowhaven Farm. We've talked about it on here, but I don't think it's on the ol' Tube. ......Is it??!

*goes off to look*)

Comment

Lol, have to admit to doing a little dance myself when I found Sky on YouTube

That last scene in Amelia is still very creepy!

The other two in the trilogy;

Julie
        YouTube - Trilogy of Terror (1975) Part 1
        YouTube - Trilogy of Terror (1975) Part 2
        YouTube - Trilogy of Terror (1975) Part 3

Millicent & Therese
        YouTube - Trilogy of Terror (1975) Part 4
        YouTube - Trilogy of Terror (1975) Part 5

Isn't YouTube wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
          Lol, have to admit to doing a little dance myself when I found Sky on YouTube ....
          Oooh, me too!

Thanks for the other YT links.

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post

But seriously, this is one of the two horror movies from my childhood that have stayed with me to this day,
              spooky (!) coincidence.....this was one of my two moments too...other being the changing/morphing monster faces to the start of 'Appointment with Fear' films on ITV Fri nights 1970's
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

That's it!!! Thank you so much for helping me out!

Comment

Working...
                X