X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mail order catalogues

Originally posted by sandie76 View Post
    I can't believe the price of the Texas 'Speak & Spell' £29.95, and that was discounted! No wonder I never got one at that price eek! I did however get a 'Little Professor', which was priced at £9.95 a little more affordable back then.
    That'll be why I didn't get one either! Funny how you have no concept of money as a child. Everything comes free from Father Christmas!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Mail order catalogues

Loving all these old pages, who didn't turn to the toy sections first and spend hours meticulously drawing up Christmas or birthday lists.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      Funny how you have no concept of money as a child. Everything comes free from Father Christmas!
      So true. I had a Tomahawk bike for Xmas in the 70s as my parents couldn't afford a Chopper, I think my mum got if off her Freemans catalogue and was probably paying a weekly amount for it for the best part of a year. It was a big investment for them and there I was out getting it as muddy as possible.
      Last edited by Genie; 29-03-2012, 10:21.

Comment

Re: Old catalogue pages.

My Transformers Scorponok cost me about £70 second hand from a retro shop a while back....look at the orignal rrp - £26.95...still, even back then the orignal price was a LOT of money, plastic or week/2 wks food shop? No contest, parents always went with food shop...

Seeing that white Addis soft plastic laundry basket, we had a brown one of it for many, many years....

Comment

Great thread. Always looked forward to the winter catalogue as the summer ones only had a few toy pages hehe

Comment

This topic/thread has really really makes think of yesteryear and being younger indeed. I used to really like saving the old Argos/Index Catalogue's when I was younger - I guess I even saved a fair few as recently as say 1998 or something.

It was great to compare thing's in them to note what had changed etcd. I guess though sadly they just got too heavy to bring home and they were too large to save, but to think about them, a few of my friends used to collect them and save say 3 editions in a row and would marvel at them and what there was in them to purchase. which gave a great unique insight to the following they gave people I feel.

I guess in a way, as this was before the Internet they truly were something to mmarvel at in there own unique way. What fond memories of the 1980s and 1990s I have of these type of catalogues It is amazing really I think when thinking about them years later - thinking about them in such way's as what was there to order just like that by going to any catalogue shop.

80sChav
            Last edited by 80sChav; 17-09-2012, 19:03.

Comment

In the inimitable words of Bill Bailey Argos Catalogue

"The Boooooook of Dreeeeeeams!"

Comment

superlative post,thanks for sharing,some fantastic memories and too many to list!!!!!

Comment

Ha Ha Laughing bags !! - CHiPs set....only need a Harley motorbike now.......;-)
                  saw a Tidy Dry on old 'On the Buses' episode recently , and wondered what it was called- mystery solved, Thanks!

Pens with clocks...Peter Barnes football on a string trainer, matchbox racers, Airfix Pontoon bridge.....excellent stuff.

Why did they ALL have paddling pools, this is the UK...BRRRRRRR! ;-)

Comment

Gold Strike (American)

Attached Files
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Sorry, duplicate post
                      Last edited by Mulletino; 21-02-2017, 01:02. Reason: duplicate

Comment

A complete 1984 Autumn/Winter Argos Catalogue, the stuff dreams are made of!

Many others here too!

Comment

This looks ace Mulletino

When I have more time I will look at this in depth for sure mate!! Ty for the share pal

Comment

Inspector Gadget Toys from TOYWORLD Catalogue - June 1987.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Reposting some of my scans as Photobucket is no longer allowing third party links...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X