This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old catalogue pages.

My parents had an Xpelair fitted into one of their kitchen windows for years, but went when they had double glazing fitted.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Old catalogue pages.

A lot of classrooms at school had Xpelair extractor fans above the front door - with the switches next to the light switches. They were so noisy when they were switched on!
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

From the unknown mid-80s catalogue the Infaceables pic above is from (it has no front or back cover, but is very small like the catalogues you sometimes get in the weekend papers), here's the full two-page spread:
        Last edited by davidthomas27; 17-02-2021, 14:00.

Comment

And a closer look at the She-Ra figures.

Comment

I remember the She-Ra (and He-Man) cartoon shows. I'd watch them even though I was a little old for them so they must have had something going for them. Never had any of the toys or remember seeing them though.

I'm wondering in the wider picture above why that Bungle bear would be 26.99! Did he talk or something? Seemsrather pricey otherwise. I like that one much better than the big one on the tv mind you!

Also, can't tell if Zippy has a zip on him.

I used to look through any and all catalogues many many times as a kid... starved for entertainment we were!
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I've zoomed in on the picture and can confirm the Zippy soft toy does indeed have a zip.

Last edited by davidthomas27; 20-02-2021, 14:19.

Comment

The Rainbow George soft toy looks a bit wild - I am certain that the manufacturers who made the Rainbow soft toys didn't quite make them like that.

Interesting it says "Rainbow Brite" - I thought that was another programme entirely. I wonder what year that was - 1986, perhaps?
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

That reminds me of that episode of Strike it Lucky where a contestant visited the Thames souvenir shop to buy a Zippy glove puppet before appearing on the show - Barrymore had a lot of fun with it in his "meet the contestants" part of the show. The contestant was a Geordie (i.e. lived in the Tyne Tees region) and tried to do Zippy's voice with his accent giving him a Geordie accent while hiding behind one of the monitors pretending to be a puppeteer - Challenge showed it in around 2000 when I first got ntl cable and I was in fits of laughter when it was on.

I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Thanks for that close-up! You could almost get two Zippys for the price of one Bungle... but then I am partial to bears.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

More pages from the Ace/Studio-type catalogue...

Comment

I actually have that Dusty Bin money box somewhere...
                        Last edited by davidthomas27; 30-06-2021, 12:05.

Comment

Comment

Here it is - although the eyes are different from the one in the catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                              Thanks for that close-up! You could almost get two Zippys for the price of one Bungle... but then I am partial to bears.
                              I think that one Bungle was the equivalent of five or six Zippys to be honest.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X