Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slot machines

do you remeber penny slot machines?

there was one where two halfs of a person made a whole and you won if they matched

there was one where a penny fell all the way from the top of the machine turning various wheels as it fell

there were log penny cascades, which were sideways on if i recall rightly, not front facing like the push machines today

also one where the penny had to go between lines as the lines rolles past and winnings came out of glass at the top of the machine and rolled down quickly, usually falling on the floor

also one where you had to guess which horse would win, or which colour a roulette wheel would land on and you had to palce a bet on that particular horse or color by putting your penny in that sot

Re: slot machines

I remember some of those, mostly from holidays at Butlins in Bognor during the early seventies. Spent far too much money on them but loved every minute!

Comment

Many of these still exist, but I loved the more primitive ones that made more clunky clangy noises!
      Essential part of the English seaside hol!
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

absolutely!

I still love the 'bet on the colour of the horse' game, where they whizz along the track (straight track nowadays but the old versions had a proper oval track (there was also a racing car one on an oval track too)

red or blue nearly always the winners! Hence the 4p payout!

And a variation on the 'roll the penny down the chute & get it between the moving lines' game, was one where you to get it to land in the circles
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

oh almost forgot, those wall-mounted wooden cabinets, ball-bearing games , where you flicked the silver spring-loaded handle on the side, and the ball went shooting around the tracks, hopefully landing in the scoring holes
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
            oh almost forgot, those wall-mounted wooden cabinets, ball-bearing games , where you flicked the silver spring-loaded handle on the side, and the ball went shooting around the tracks, hopefully landing in the scoring holes
            I remember them very well. A few years ago when I visited Brighton, there was an archade on the sea front, full of these machines. And they gave you pre-decimal pennies to use in them! It was more a kind of museum really.

Hey; a museum of things that I played on as a kid. Now I really do feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
              This was probably my fave one, wasn't it called Bagatelle?
              On those horse racing games the white one called White Flash or something never won did it? I always betted on the yellow, but any winnings just went back in machines until it was all gone anyway.
              That reminds me also of Kentucky Derby at the fair where you had to roll the balls in the holes to move the horses along. Loved that too.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post

That reminds me also of Kentucky Derby at the fair where you had to roll the balls in the holes to move the horses along. Loved that too.
                yeh there's also the Arabian Nights version, with camels instead.

There's always ONE person who sneaks an extra ball or 2 from the empty lanes next to them, cheating swine!
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

CHECK this out.
                  http://youtu.be/oz8AOA7nqOM

yes i remember playing them in the summer when i went to my uncles.
                  he lives on a seaside resort town.

there where just tons of these penny slot machines.
                  won a few quid.
                  i was always amazed how many pennies they could hold before you won them all.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                  X