Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro toy query...help please :)

Hey guys.
    Does anyone remember a toy in the late 80s/early 90s that comprised a small black box that could be stored on your keyring and it had about 9 buttons on there that made different noises when pressed. Its been bugging me for a while now and it's time to end the misery and hope you can help me find it out. I'm trying to find one on eBay but it's difficult not knowing what it was called. I collect toys from the 80s/90s and I used to have one but my parents threw it out when I was younger as I used to play with it all the time.

Cheers all

Re: Retro toy query...help please

I had one of these but had totally forgotten about it until I just read your post! I can't remember what they were called but I do remember loads of people at school having one, if I had to guess I'd say I had mine around 1991. I'll have a look around and see what I can find, I'd love to see some pictures of this again.

Comment

there was something like it very big called a simon i think it had coloured lights that had to be pressed and it made a noise

Comment

Originally posted by lianeh View Post
        I used to have one but my parents threw it out when I was younger as I used to play with it all the time.

Cheers all
        That made me LAUGH like anything! LOL! Harsh parents babe!!
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

In your pocket?

They came in many versions.
          Attached Files
          Heather

Comment

I've got "Bullseye In My Pocket" Well, on my keys really. I had Mr T but he fell off somewhere. I pity the fool who found him....
            "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
            sigpic

Comment

Nah quite a bit of time before those. They were black, square and about the size of a small match box. They had 9 different sounds on there like sirens and things.

Comment

found a similar thing from america that had the same sounds on it but I'm looking for the keychain version of the bulky one you could attach to your car dashboard or bike handle bars - that was called The Revenger if that rings any bells with anyone. I'd love to get hold of the ones we had in the UK.

Comment

I remember these being around in the spring - summer of 1989.

They were fairly cheap & available from market stalls.

The sounds I remember were a machine gun & a falling bomb.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Here's the revenger for people to see
                    Attached Files
                    Heather

Comment

Revenger... yeah - that was one - likely you'll find these came in many forms. The original...? I do remember one that sat on your desk and actually had a little gunsight on it like those WWI airplane machineguns. I guess you could "aim" at whatever and unleash a firestorm of sounds. And who doesn't remember some form of those sounds? The machingun - the falling and exploding bomb - the "death ray"!

On a side note, at Target stores I have seen a really modernized one of these, marketed to cell phone users. It makes about a dozen very realistic digital sounds like a baby crying, sirens, airport terminal sounds... all which can be used as an excuse to break away from a call.

Thanks - the original post and all these photos really bring back the memories!

Comment

Working...
                      X