hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hospital

Twocky, I am so sorry to hear that you and your friend had to endure such horrific treatment, and that the perpetrator didn't face justice. Thankfully, abuse like that now seems to be more likely to come to light, and those that abused many decades ago and thought they'd gotten away with it are beginning to discover that although the wheels of justice grind slowly, those wheels are getting nearer and nearer to them, and I hope many are now living in fear of a knock on the door from the police.

Comment

Thanks Staffslad
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Thanks George

The BBC were implicit in Jimmy Saville's activities

The BBC actually commissioned & gave to Saville 'Jim'll Fix It' AFTER suspicions were raised

Another issue is Channel Four's Mini Pops, around they're start up November 1982

Mini Pops was similar to the BBC's Top of the Pops EXCEPT they were prepubescent children

These girls were dressed in sexually inappropriately & wearing explicit clothing, dancing like Madonna, to chart hits of the time

The then commissioning editor at the time cancelled the show after series one
        Yes, the problem was it seemed innocent at the time but obviously in hindsight it isn't now. I decided not to namedrop too much in my post in order because I assumed people would automatically know what I was referring to, and also not to complicate things.

They were young and vulnerable people who were taken advantage of, and they didn't even know it at the time - and one doesn't have to be young to be taken advantage of either.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X