Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: hospital

Default Re: hospital

Aged eleven early seventies, I was went to a residential children's psychiatric hospital, run by the then Lancashire Health Authority

I was given daily injections of Valium to sedate me & make me quiet & easy for the staff to deal with

Nowadays, Valium is strictly controlled for administration to both adults & children

During my stay, sedated by Valium, I was sexually abused by a member of staff

When we were naughty, we were subject to 'Pin Down' (now illegal)

'Pin Down involved being locked in a bare room, only wearing shorts

There was a mattress to sleep on & a bucket to urinate in

It was at night the member of staff came into the room

I was raped. Enough said

I had a friend Helen. She was raped by this member of staff too

I obeyed him implicitly. This meant he didn't rape Helen. We were close friends & I tried to protect her

Sadly she was found hanging from a tree. Obviously Helen had had enough

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Jeez Twocky thats a horrendous story, so sorry you and Helen went through that ordeal, i hope the ******* was brought to justice and that you have been able to move on enough to put it all behind you? Most of us will endure something horrible in our lives but this is particularly awful especially at such a young age, well done for sharing this.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Thanks Tex xx

We (well I) didn't say anything about it, so he subsequently got away with it

Last I heard he died of some medical condition; so poetic justice really
    Last edited by Twocky61; 07-01-2019 at 18:33.

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I have to say that I was shocked and sadden to read what happened to you as well, Twocky - no one deserves that sort of treatment. Do we really live in the same world where that sort of thing took place, even if it was the best part of half a century ago?

I have said this before about those who inflict physical punishment on people, and I am referring to those who ran private hospitals, boarding schools and children's homes around that time - we have heard about doctors, headmasters and principals being found guilty in the courts 30, 40 years or more after they had committed their crimes, and some of the young victims, although they were children at the time would be middle-aged now. Back then, we still had the "seen and not heard" factor where youngsters were not believed if they were telling the truth about someone attacking them physically or sexually, and any accusations were swept under the carpet. However, now we have a more open and transparent view towards things like that, and people talk about it as it is an important issue.

Need I say anything about Operation Yewtree and the implications with those in the entertainment industry? Celebrities think that they are above the law because the stereotype seemed to be back then that the famous get away with their crimes unlike ordinary members of the public - one rule for one group and the opposite for the other. Just like the famous, doctors, teachers, and so on think that as their are senior in comparison as they think that they cannot be overruled and as a result, they think that they can get away with doing anything to someone a lot younger and vulnerable then they are. At the end of the day, it stinks.

I was bullied at school and I found it difficult to tell people - I was assaulted walking home from school as well. What I am saying is that adults are more likely to believed than children simply because of the "fairy tale" factor of not being believed. What happened to me in the past had affected my way of life as an adult, including building relationships, so one could say that what I had to put up with also affected me in the long run - and abuse it just like that, only on a greater scale.

I was going to respond to Twocky's post as soon as I read it, but I decided to let someone else reply first - thank you Tex for responding first.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Thanks George

The BBC were implicit in Jimmy Saville's activities

The BBC actually commissioned & gave to Saville 'Jim'll Fix It' AFTER suspicions were raised

Another issue is Channel Four's Mini Pops, around they're start up November 1982

Mini Pops was similar to the BBC's Top of the Pops EXCEPT they were prepubescent children

These girls were dressed in sexually inappropriately & wearing explicit clothing, dancing like Madonna, to chart hits of the time

The then commissioning editor at the time cancelled the show after series one

Twocky, I am so sorry to hear that you and your friend had to endure such horrific treatment, and that the perpetrator didn't face justice. Thankfully, abuse like that now seems to be more likely to come to light, and those that abused many decades ago and thought they'd gotten away with it are beginning to discover that although the wheels of justice grind slowly, those wheels are getting nearer and nearer to them, and I hope many are now living in fear of a knock on the door from the police.

Thanks Staffslad

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Thanks George

The BBC were implicit in Jimmy Saville's activities

The BBC actually commissioned & gave to Saville 'Jim'll Fix It' AFTER suspicions were raised

Another issue is Channel Four's Mini Pops, around they're start up November 1982

Mini Pops was similar to the BBC's Top of the Pops EXCEPT they were prepubescent children

These girls were dressed in sexually inappropriately & wearing explicit clothing, dancing like Madonna, to chart hits of the time

The then commissioning editor at the time cancelled the show after series one
    Yes, the problem was it seemed innocent at the time but obviously in hindsight it isn't now. I decided not to namedrop too much in my post in order because I assumed people would automatically know what I was referring to, and also not to complicate things.

They were young and vulnerable people who were taken advantage of, and they didn't even know it at the time - and one doesn't have to be young to be taken advantage of either.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).