Thread: Mousse?!?!?

Default Mousse?!?!?

Does anyone remember a chocolate mousse from the 70s in a brown, round plastic tub, kind of flower shaped with a cardboard lid. On top of the mousse was a circle of cream flowers around the edge with one in the middle which left a bit on the lid when opened. I think they also did choc orange and mint??

ClaudineJones Guest

Default Re: Mousse?!?!?

Daz posted some images here
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/food-drink/1893-super-mousse-3.html#post94224
    How I miss those additives...

ClaudineJones Guest

Just looking at the pics again - they're different pots. I remember the flower shaped ones. Brown for chocolate and pink for strawberry. But weren't they just plain mousse, no cream? Or is my mind playing tricks?

4. Default Re: Mousse?!?!?

Wengy Craig did an advert for Birds eye CHOCOLATE LOVELY DESERT

That's Supermousse* which is what triggered my memory in the first place but it's not the one. It was chocolate and in a brown tub.

* Link BBC iPlayer - Time Shift: Series 9: Farm to Pharma: The Rise and Rise of Food Science
    38m 20s

Quote Originally Posted by mousseman View Post
    Does anyone remember a chocolate mousse from the 70s in a brown, round plastic tub, kind of flower shaped with a cardboard lid. On top of the mousse was a circle of cream flowers around the edge with one in the middle which left a bit on the lid when opened. I think they also did choc orange and mint??
    i can picture excatly what you mean i dont know about choc orange and mint but i remeber the strawberry one and i remeber licking the blob of cream off the lid - every time, and the edges of the mousse plastic were kind of scoopy as well

If they were chocolate with a little blob of cream in the middle they were called 'Lovelys' and it's driving me mad to find them now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelboy View Post
    If they were chocolate with a little blob of cream in the middle they were called 'Lovelys' and it's driving me mad to find them now!!!
    I really wish they would bring these back, best dessert EVER!!! If they can do it with Arctic Roll, petition anyone?
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Used to love a nice mousse. They were always in the frozen section and it was hell waiting for them to thaw, almost as bad as waiting for a jelly to set.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Quote Originally Posted by mousseman View Post
    oooooooooo yeahhhhhh........i remember those.............my fav puds at one time...........yummy yaroooooo