Jigsaws of TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigsaws of TV series

I remember a number of different ones during the 70s, (I think there was a Dad's Army one for example, and a Worzel Gummidge version also); But my favourites were Doctor Who related. I had two, and one of them was the Fourth Doctor, Harry and the Brig standing up in a Jeep, (from the story, 'Robot', I think).

My memories are filled with a kind of wonder for the scenes depicted. Does anyone recall these or other similar jigsaws?

Re: Jigsaws of TV series

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
    I remember a number of different ones during Does anyone recall these or other similar jigsaws?
    These go way back, and were some of the earliest "tie-in collectables".
    I had a "Toytown" jigsaw in about 1963, but that's inside this site's remit, just, as the TV series on the same theme came later!
    Toonhound - Toytown Featuring Larry the Lamb

I also had a Thunderbirds jigsaw, which only qualifies on the same grounds.

My rarest jigsaws (worth about £80-£100 each) date from 1951, and feature the cartoons of Rowland Emett. But, as names reveal, that is my *special* special interest. And his stuff was never a TV series, only appearing in occasional newsreel clips. It's taken me about eight years to get a set of four, even with the internet.
    Attached Files
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Re: Jigsaws of TV series

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      I But my favourites were Doctor Who related
      I had a Dr Who jigsaw...Jon Pertwee, standing beside that lovely classic yellow car he had
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
      X