Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

i didnt wreck my toys just didnt listern to mother she did say keep all your toy some day they be worth loads wish i listerned starwars figures worth a packet now i had the complete collection vehicles and all accessories i could of sold the lot now and retired oh well we learn buy our mistakes
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I had a bunch of regular wheel Lesney Matchbox but unfortunately my Mom gave many of them to the children of a family friend that she used to look after.

Comment

quite a memory there mate.

to have stuck with for what 30 yrs.

yeah boys can be cruel.

i also had transformers toys and they went the same way as the star wars stuff.
        but most kids got toys and played with them it would rarely enter a kids head not to play with them hence them getting a bit battered.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Not wrecked, but my dad was less than impressed when he passed down to me an old compass that had belonged to my grandad, only to find I had swapped it for a plastic keyring!

And boys are horrible! I grew up next door to three boys who were always picking on me. I was a sensitive child and once got incredibly upset when they stole one of my lego bricks and threw it down a drain. Just one measly brick, but I was hysterical! To this day I can still see that brick tumbling through the dirty water to oblivion and the end of the world feeling it gave me.

who knows, if I had kept the brick I might have had a full vintage lego set worth a few bob!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

1. Cars. I never destroyed my toys although I was pretty rough on some but I am still kicking myself that I didn't take better care of a certain James Bond gold Aston Martin. You know the one with the ejector seat and little blue man. Common enough, but still worth a few bob now.

Wish I'd kept the bloody boxes on all my cars !

2. My Man from UNCLE briefcase, complete with gun, silencer, radio, badge and crappy walkie-talkie didn't work. Not seen too many of these around today.

3. The one I wish I'd kept closer is my old wild west wooden fort. Bought as a Christmas present in the mid/late 60's it was a superb toy of the time. It came with cavalry figures plus a 'jail' and a guard tower.Again, not worth a fortune but something I wish I'd taken better care of. It still exists somewhere, last seen in my ex-wife's loft. I suspect I won't get it back anytime soon.

Comment

Now this one I realy did wreck. I tried to gauge the agents out of the car and bashed it to bits.

look how much it could have been worth now !

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot...ion=4639&Sub=0

Mine was blue though.....

Comment

Think I destroyed many a toy,and being a destructive kid at times probably enjoyed doing it as well.One of my favourite games used to be building things out of lego then placing my toy soldiers on it the catapulting marbles towards it.They usually made quite a noise when they hit and plastic splinters went everywhere usually followed by mum or dad shouting up about the noise of a marble bouncing off the wall every now and again.Other things were given a viking funeral by floating them down a local stream and setting them on fire.Plastic soldiers got nailed or chopped apart and still lay buried in the garden.Recently dug a few of these up and have now kept them safe as they are the only surviving toys I have found from my own childhood from the 70's.Dispite being destructive towards some toys some were very much well loved and treasured.

Comment

thing is the packaging is quite often worth more than whats inside.

that man from uncles briefcase and its contents ive never heard of mate.
                can you remember when you got it.

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                1. Cars. I never destroyed my toys although I was pretty rough on some but I am still kicking myself that I didn't take better care of a certain James Bond gold Aston Martin. You know the one with the ejector seat and little blue man. Common enough, but still worth a few bob now.

Wish I'd kept the bloody boxes on all my cars !

2. My Man from UNCLE briefcase, complete with gun, silencer, radio, badge and crappy walkie-talkie didn't work. Not seen too many of these around today.

3. The one I wish I'd kept closer is my old wild west wooden fort. Bought as a Christmas present in the mid/late 60's it was a superb toy of the time. It came with cavalry figures plus a 'jail' and a guard tower.Again, not worth a fortune but something I wish I'd taken better care of. It still exists somewhere, last seen in my ex-wife's loft. I suspect I won't get it back anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

Not precisely, no. My guess is around 1967/68. At the height of the UNCLE series.

I've looked for one like it, but only ever seen individual bits from the case. Not sure who made it either.

The briefcase was plastic with a stud clip.

Inside was :

Pistol (cap shooter) it may have had an extendable arm rest and a silencer
                  Pocket radio (plastic) cream coloured
                  UNCLE Badge 7 or 11
                  Walkie talkie thing, black handsets, connected with string about 30 feet I think.

There may have been other things like identity papers but I can't remember. Maybe it'll come to me during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. briefcase

Comment

Starfleet must have bought up a lot of antique UNCLE communicators. http://www.assetstorage.co.uk/AssetS...icator-set.jpg

Comment

that looks really classy victor i never watched the show so i never knew he was a sort of a cop.

Comment

Man From U.N.C.L.E. was a bit before my time, too. But it always seems as if those were the toys that were the coolest.

Comment

Don't know about being worth a mint but I remember having the Dr Who board game War of the Daleks 1975 with the little plastic Daleks that rotated around the board, goes for a tidy sum on ebay these days.

Comment

id expect most dr who stuff to do very well.
                              After all this november will be the 50th anniversary of the show.

i had some old matchbox cars corgi etc when i was a bit rough with them as a kid.
                              we all know these things sell very well.

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
                              Don't know about being worth a mint but I remember having the Dr Who board game War of the Daleks 1975 with the little plastic Daleks that rotated around the board, goes for a tidy sum on ebay these days.

Comment

I had a Majorette Sindy doll which my Mum gave away to a family friend's kids, along with the Sindy house etc. Majorette Sindy is quite a rare find these days, especially if boxed.

Comment

Working...
                                X