Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

Originally posted by smokejumper View Post
    Hi people what toys did You destroy as an evil child that are now worth a mint?
    I had a metal car, around 12 inches long, which was mechanical and used two of the massive LR14 (called something else in the '70s) batteries. Whenever it would bump into things, reverse lights came on, then it would back away from the object after tooting its built-in horn.
    Needless to say, I trashed it by opening it up. Value in working order today? Priceless IMO.

I also have a Professionals Action kit with gun/silencer/ camera/ ID card etc. After much begging, I finally got it for Christmas in 1979. I trashed it. A mint boxed one is worth about 150 quid!! I still have the loose parts somewhere though...

six million dollar man which I threw down some stairs. The head split open. They cost about a fiver when new, now they're worth £50 upwards boxed.

BUT

A few things I did look after, were my Star Wars bubble gum cards from 1977, before the movie was released here. I have card #1 of series #1 with Luke Skywalker on it, in pretty good condition.

Comment

Was given a late 1960's "Etcha-Sketch" by my uncle, which had belonged to my older cousins, I must have been about 9 or 10 at the time. Twas in really good condition. I heard my father whisper to my mother, "He'll have it broken by dinner-time" and not being old enough to understand adult sarcasm I promptly smashed the thing to bits with a brick just like the dutiful son I was! Couldn't understand why I got such a thrashing when they found it "dead" in the garden!

Comment

can u understand now why you got such a thrashing.

they where lovely they had like orange plastic i remember.

worst thing i did was not take care of my star wars figures pretty sure they where the first release i had figures the big at ats etc.
        i would only have been ten i remember it so well.

lots of games consoles too which now ive got again.

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
        Was given a late 1960's "Etcha-Sketch" by my uncle, which had belonged to my older cousins, I must have been about 9 or 10 at the time. Twas in really good condition. I heard my father whisper to my mother, "He'll have it broken by dinner-time" and not being old enough to understand adult sarcasm I promptly smashed the thing to bits with a brick just like the dutiful son I was! Couldn't understand why I got such a thrashing when they found it "dead" in the garden!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Actually Darren it was 1975! The EAS wasn't worth anything it was just the fact I was such a destructive brat that ****** my parents off!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Wow victor thats fantastic been a long tim since i saw one of those.

just wish id kept my stuff better as it would be worth a lot now.
            I've been trying to sell that robot. It's been sitting in my dealer space at the antiques mall for months now.

Comment

id have bought it no probs.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
              I've been trying to sell that robot. It's been sitting in my dealer space at the antiques mall for months now.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

not sure if it is worth a mint now, but the only toy i remember destroying was my 1980s Action Man. i was outside my house lobbing him into the air as high as i could above a big bit of grass, and was puzzled as to why he was losing arms and legs, being a kid i thought "it's grass, why's he breaking?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                  1. Cars. I never destroyed my toys although I was pretty rough on some but I am still kicking myself that I didn't take better care of a certain James Bond gold Aston Martin. You know the one with the ejector seat and little blue man. Common enough, but still worth a few bob now.

Wish I'd kept the bloody boxes on all my cars !

2. My Man from UNCLE briefcase, complete with gun, silencer, radio, badge and crappy walkie-talkie didn't work. Not seen too many of these around today.

3. The one I wish I'd kept closer is my old wild west wooden fort. Bought as a Christmas present in the mid/late 60's it was a superb toy of the time. It came with cavalry figures plus a 'jail' and a guard tower.Again, not worth a fortune but something I wish I'd taken better care of. It still exists somewhere, last seen in my ex-wife's loft. I suspect I won't get it back anytime soon.
                  This doesn't really fit in this post, but it is such a surprise my son sprang on me the other day.

As I said I had thought the fort was lost forever but it has now been found and returned to me, where it belongs. I had bequeathed it to my son, who is now 25,who secreted in the loft in my first wife's flat, at least 10 years ago.

My ex-wife moved from this place shortly after. It was discovered in said loft by a builder, doing maintenance. Somehow word got to my son that the fort had been found and here it is :

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The front doors are missing, but I am sure I have seen them somewhere - in my attic. The sign 'Fort Cheyenne' went missing in the 70's.

Note the 'bulletholes' in the walls, created by shooting bako rods from Britain artillery guns,aimed at the soldiers (sadly missing) on the ramparts.

Comment

I had an original yellow submarine toy, but managed to prise a couple of Beatles out of it almost upon receipt. Saw one on eBay asking for £155 recently. Hey ho, easy come easy go, but I'd certainly have a word with my 7 year old self if I got the chance.

Comment

Starfleet must have brought up a lot of antique UNCLE communicators

Comment

Working...
                      X