Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

Hi people what toys did You destroy as an evil child that are now worth a mint?

For Me it would have to be the following.

Various items and toys from the Starwars Range in the late 70s

A slide projector with slides based on th Planet of the Apes series

A collection of around 20 or so Smurf figureines including 2 space man smurfs purchased from My local National filling station.

With regards to the smurfs I had great fun shooting them to bits with My first Pellet gun. Diana SP 50 I think.

Re: Toys You Destroyed, Now Worth A Mint

Me & my brother had a Big Trak between us, really when we were too young to get the best of it. I don't think we actually damaged it but it stopped working & we didn't know how to fix it. I'm not sure if it got chucked away or it's somewhere in our loft awaiting a repair.

A friend of the family had one for years until he tried a complex journey around the upstairs of his house. He accidently told it to turn the wrong way & it ended falling down the stairs & never worked again after that.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My Star wars figures made a good shooting gallery for my air rifle,and my cardboard death star just fell to bits:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
        My Star wars figures made a good shooting gallery for my air rifle,and my cardboard death star just fell to bits:cry:
        I've heard that the cardboard Deathstars are now worth a bit especially as they are hard to find in good condiction & were never sold in America.

I never knew anyone who had one, but a friend had an Action Force base that was very similar.

Comment

Mine wasn't a toy but I'll tell you anyway!

Remember the day Charles and Di got married? Well my Mum went to the post office that very morning and bought me and my sister one of the commemorative postcards to mark this historic event. She stuck matching commemorative stamps on them and posted them that day so the postmark was the date of the wedding. How thoughtful, I hear you say. Well, my sister being the sensible one, still has hers in the pristine condition in which she recieved it. I however, decided to try and get the stamp off mine, for reasons unknown, and succeeded in tearing it in half and ripping half the postmark off!! GO ME!! YAY!!

I also had a set of coins (remember the ones - you had to collect tokens from Heinz Beanz canz) anyway the sets turned up, newly minted and untouched by human hand. My sister still has hers..... Obviously I opened mine to get the money out and probably spent it on sweets!!
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

I remember that my mates and I 'executed' another mates Action Man by tying him to a 'stake' and torching him while other mates held the owner of the Action Man down. We thought it was funny to see him screaming and crying while his favourite toy burned. We were rotten, spiteful little gits.

However, I felt so bad about it when I got home I set fire to my Action Man's plastic Jeep and stuffed my Tonka toy lorry full of dried gass and lit it, trying to destroy that too to try and atone for what we had done. But as we know, Tonka toys were indestructable. The Action Man jeep however was burnt to a cinder.

Happy days? Yes!

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
              I remember that my mates and I 'executed' another mates Action Man by tying him to a 'stake' and torching him while other mates held the owner of the Action Man down.
              Happy days? Yes!

LOL! I love that!! You sound as horrible as I was. My sister had a very impressive soap collection. She had HUNDREDS. Disney characters, flowers, animals, you name it. Well I didn't collect anything (apart from hellish ideas) so obviously I was a bit jealous, so I took them all outside and smashed all their soapy little heads in against the kerb. All of them. Even the 7 dwarves.... I know...What a little cow! Mwaahahahahahaaaar!LOL!
              "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
              sigpic

Comment

Sigmund Freud would have had a field day with you pair
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Remember My old action man ( probably was the first Bungie jumping one in the UK ) 78 - 79 , I had in my posession loads of elastic bands, which i looped together and tied one end to the bathroom taps and the other end round poor Action Man, it was then a case of throwing Him out of the Bathroom window, running down stairs to the back door, and counting how many times he would Bungie LOL, of course A/M was not designed for extreme sports ( he was a soldier FFS, LOL ) and the strain became to much for him, and he disintegrated in mid air " oh, so thats how he's held together?? with elastic, I think He's still buried in the Garden to this day LOL, apart from that I also went through a faze of simulating car crashes with my cast metal car collection, this involved the use of a large boulder, then one day I noticed my collection was about half the size it used to be and stopped doing it, but not before my Space 1999 eagle had a bad crash landing too only other thing I can remember doing was with the submarine ( thunderbird 4 ) I think?? was playing with it on our coal effect fire ( cause the fibre glass coal looked like an underwater scene ) it fell down between the cage and landed inside ( the fire was on at the time ) and I watched helplessly as my beloved yellow thunderbird 4, melted away into oblivion, ahhhh the joys of being a kid

and don't talk to me about Diana SP 50's, I still have a scar on my top lip where I was shot in the face, but I suppose that experiance did teach me not to shoot my gat gun at my mate when He had a gun to fire back at me with LOL
                  DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokejumper View Post
                    Hi people what toys did You destroy as an
                    Ah, I have a clear winner amongst my lost toys.
                    Traing James Bond "Underwater Battle"
                    Triang's OO7 Underwater Battle: Largo v James Bond - 1965

Due to playing with the toy frogmen in the bath, with loss and damage, the game got "dumped" in my later teenage years, before any idea of "collectable" ever really emerged.

Not in the same league, but the cavalry and indians from "The Battle of the Little Big Horn" game ended up in the general "toy soldiers" biscuit tin.
                    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                      Sigmund Freud would have had a field day with you pair
                      This is true!! It definitely says something about me.....

Where's my jacket.... the one with the buckles on the arms?....
                      sigpic

Comment

ones i wrecked where all my star wars ist edition figures.
                        as well as the AT AT'S.
                        the 4 legged version of the scout walker which had 2 legs.

Same with my masters of the universe toys.

he man,skeletor,ram man and co got flung into many a wall.
                        he man was strong not that strong.

should have used ram man for the wall.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I actually wrecked a toy that belong to my dad and was handed down to me. It was a Batmobile that had a flame exhaust and a cannon that could fire matchsticks. I saw one on sale that was more beat up than the one I had and when I saw the price it was going for I was like "FFFFFFFUUUU...."

I have another of my dads toys. A 3 bar railway. I hear that the tracks for it are worth a mint. I've not destroyed that.

Comment

Not wrecked, but my dad was less than impressed when he passed down to me an old compass that had belonged to my grandad, only to find I had swapped it for a plastic keyring!

And boys are horrible! I grew up next door to three boys who were always picking on me. I was a sensitive child and once got incredibly upset when they stole one of my lego bricks and threw it down a drain. Just one measly brick, but I was hysterical! To this day I can still see that brick tumbling through the dirty water to oblivion and the end of the world feeling it gave me.

who knows, if I had kept the brick I might have had a full vintage lego set worth a few bob!
                            Last edited by Trickyvee; 23-01-2013, 21:39.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I still feel guilty that my Mum gave all me & my brothers Star Wars collection to a school fair, this was in the late 1980s when no-one was really collecting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X