Did I make it up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I make it up?

Hello, please help. I was born in 76, so it will be from that era. I lived in both england and canada so it could be from either country.

Does anyone remember a show that had a red or orange flying typewriter in it (no it is not wordy from look and Read, or the one from sesame street, although it was "real" like wordy, not a "cartoon" like the sesame street guy).

It had real people in it. and was a story acted out, something to do with a fair or carnival or amusement park, and these kids solving a mystery type thing at the carnival or something. and the flying typewriter would fly into the story, so it was like the kids knew the typewriter guy. i remember it being scary. and im sure it was some kind of 'learn to read or write' show

am i totally making this show up? does anyone remember anything like this. Ive googled as much as anyone can google and cant come up with anything.

Re: Did I make it up?

I think it was Look and Read

I think the character you are thinking of is Boris, the keyboard/computer was in his hat?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_The_Dragon's_Eye

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...k+and+read+thr
    Heather

Comment

thanks, but it definately wasnt dragons eye, not if it aired in 1989, cause i left england in 1985 and they didnt have look n read in canada.
      and he was a thing, like wordy...but wordy was never IN the actual stories so it cant be wordy.
      argh this will forever haunt me. I can picture the kids talking to the flying typewriter thing, and him giving them advice, in this dark amusement park or something.
      they didnt have any flying Wordy type creatures in that Book Tower show did they? I cant find anywhere to watch that online, and cant remember what happened in that show, i just know i watched it cause i remember the music.

Comment

Just a thought, but what drugs were you on at the time? Flying typewriters?

Only joking. lol.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

lol, no the drugs came later, but i tell ya, those teletubbies on a sunday morning WHOA!!!

Comment

im just bumping this cause im still havent figured it out.

Comment

The only 2 reading and writing shows i can think of are READ ALL ABOUT IT and MISSION READING. Both Canadian.

Comment

Working...
              X