Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC's The Changes 1975

hi everyone,
    Does anyone remember this BBC childrens drama from 1975?
    The Changes
    This was made for children and shown around 5pm. Its wipes the floor with most adult drama.
    anyone know if this made it onto dvd?
    BBC - Cult - Classic TV - The Changes (1975)

The Changes was broadcast in early 1975 and was one of the BBC's first post-apocalyptic TV series which paved the way for the likes of Survivors and Day of the Triffids. The children's TV series depicted the breakdown of society after people are compelled to reject and destroy technology such as cars, bicycles and alarm clocks. This violent reaction and people's subsequent desertion of the country is triggered by a sound seemingly emitted by electricity pylons.
    Schoolgirl Nicky Gore played by Victoria Williams is caught amidst the chaos and gets separated from her parents who are heading to France in the hope of finding safety.
    Throughout the course of the 10-part series we follow Nicky's journey to be reunited with her parents and seek an answer to the cause of The Changes.
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Re: BBC's The Changes 1975

YouTube - The Changes.

Comment

The Changes was my first memory of tv. It was broadcast when I was 4 and I can still recall certain scenes, such as pylons buzzing and an angry man with a beard! I'd love to see the show again but the Beeb, I suppose like any other business, wait for a sizeable demand before releasing anything on DVD.

Comment

I remember it well. They were all afraid of machines etc. Was after school for me in the 70s.

Comment

One of those great programs that was so vivid it stuck in the mind for decades.Like so many childrens drama's from the 70's it's in part mystifying and unsettling to watch.The first episode when the noises started and people smashing things up seems so fresh in the memory it was like yesterday.And the pylons were menacing.I doubt if a program like this one would be allowed to be made today for children to watch.

Comment

this looks and sounds like a great show i do not know it as i was born in 75.

it really does not quite disturbing i must say.

thanks for telling me of this show.
            think ill have to watch it.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
            X