flavoured ice pyramid - jubilee/jublie/Jubbly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flavoured ice pyramid - jubilee/jublie/Jubbly

We once had the pyramid shaped ones on a school trip.

Comment

I can certainly remember them.Jubbly's were far cheaper then other brands of lolly's possibly apart from those small milk stick type ones.Many a hard earned pocket money was spent on them during a hot summer holiday.If you kept sucking the same spot the flavour and colouring did dissapear leaving just a piece of clear ice.Sometimes we just let them melt then use them as a drink but cutting the corner off.Can remember getting a few chill headaches from biting on the solid ice as well.

Comment

Re: flavoured ice pyramid - jubilee/jublie

wow this site amazes me yet again it reminds me of something i forgot.
        thanks MODS YOU ARE GODS..HEHE.

I thought these had long gone ive not seen them about anywhere in a long time.
        man i could not stop drinking these.
        i drank so many i near turned into one.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

you can still get jubblies
          i also remember everest `s they were a sorbet type textured lolly on a stick they were really sickly sweet with a fake taste but when you only got 5p a day pocket money (as i did when i was 6 or 7) they gave you your daily ice cream fix

Comment

Yeah you can still get these bad boys.

I still see Sun Lollys in Tesco. They are the kind of thing I find at the bottom of the freezer during a clear out. A stray one always falls out of the box so it's a nice unexpected treat.

They were vicious if you drank them without freezing though. Insane syrupy sugar rush .

Comment

Call that a Jubbly. We were a bit more hardcore than that in the 70s....size of it. We had ice cubes bigger than that.

come on now.

Comment

i remember these always a nightmare to get into never a pair of sissors arond when you needed them
                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

We used to call the frozen 'calypso cups' a jubbly - my husband and I still argue cos he says jubblies are just the triangular ones. !!!
                  Used to love to eat it with a teaspoon - and try and hollow a tunnel in it!!

Currently having loads of ice poles (ice pops) cos they've been on special - LOVING them!

Comment

Everests were wonderful - somewhere between an ice-cream and a sorbet in consistency. Not widely distributed (I only knew of one corner shop in South London which carried them) so highly prized. I think they were orange flavoured? But it was the texture rather than the flavour which was special.
                    Thank you for confirming my memory - I'd suspected I'd dreamt Everests as I've never come across anyone else who remembers them.
                    Was there, by the way, an Inuit on the wrapper?

Comment

Jubblys were great on hot summer days. Yes, I agree that they could be tricky to open. I remember sucking the jubbly until it was practically flavourless ice.

Comment

Working...
                      X