SODA and ICE CREAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SODA and ICE CREAM

This has always been a favorite of mine my mother made it for us when we were kids, and i made it for my kids back in the 80,s.

Fill a glass half way up with cream soda and drop a blob of vanilla ice cream into it, watch it froth up, but better still taste it, great on a hot summers day.

Re: SODA and ICE CREAM

Ohhhhhhh I loved this we use to have it on our holidays in a little cafe by the beach we called it Ice cream floaters, I remember one time the Cafe had run out of Lemonade so my brother and I ordered one with cola, completely gross but yummy at the same time
    Heather

Comment

I remember Happy Eater used to do them in the late 1980s.

If you can get your hands on some Root Beer (Asda normally have it in stcok) this works very well, & it's a staple in many American Diners.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Sounds GOPPING!! LOL!!
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          Ohhhhhhh I loved this we use to have it on our holidays in a little cafe by the beach we called it Ice cream floaters, I remember one time the Cafe had run out of Lemonade so my brother and I ordered one with cola, completely gross but yummy at the same time
          Snurk. Floaters.

What, you never heard of a Cola Float? So tell me, peeps, with lemonade, you DON'T get the disgusting froth?

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
            Snurk. Floaters.
            That reminds me of the 2nd Austin Powers film.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Coke Float...linking to another thread, these were on the drinks menu at Wimpy early 70's
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I used to drink Coke Floats all the time. Lush!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  I remember Happy Eater used to do them in the late 1980s.

If you can get your hands on some Root Beer (Asda normally have it in stcok) this works very well, & it's a staple in many American Diners.
                  I remember when macdonalds used to sell root beer .It was an aquired taste,But i actually missed it when they withdrew it off the menu!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd never even considered putting ice cream in coke. For me it was always ice cream in lemonade. Totally yummy. Froth was the best bit!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Ice Cream Soda Recipe

Use this basic ice cream soda recipe make a traditional ice cream soda. Simply put two to four tablespoonfuls of flavored fountain syrup into a tall, frosty soda glass. Carefully drizzle the flavored syrup down around the sides of the glass and then slowly fill the glass with chilled soda water to about 2 inches or so beneath its rim. Now add a large, round scoop of frozen vanilla ice cream so that it carefully rests directly on the rim of the glass allowing the ice cream and soda water to foam beneath.

The ice cream must be positioned on the glass just right: If it's resting too deep in the soda water the foam will overflow the glass; if it's situated too high on the rim there won't be enough foam produced to call it a true soda. With a bit of practice, you'll get it right. Insert a drinking straw and a long-handled spoon between the ice cream and the rim of the glass and top the beverage off with a garnish of whipped cream and a big red maraschino cherry.

Experiment by combining different fountain syrups and your favorite ice cream flavors. There are infinite possibilities -- all are delicious!

Plain soda water is available for sale in the beverage section at most food or convenience stores. But instead of soda water and fountain syrup, you may substitute your favorite flavor of homemade soda pop. Purists will cringe at the thought of substituting soda pop, saying it's not a genuine "ice cream soda" without soda water, but it still tastes great.

Last edited by Heather74; 21-01-2010, 11:14. Reason: removing sales link.

Comment

Working...
                      X