Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CHAT room

Default CHAT room

I see the thread that was talking about a general chit-chat forum and also a chat room, has been closed.

What is the current situation regarding the latter? ...ie, a live chat room on DoYouRemember.

I understand previous attempts were not successful but now with more members, perhaps the time is ripe.

I use live chat rooms on other sites and haven't come across those rooms being used for any kind of nastiness. No one here seems like the kind that would abuse such a facility.

So. What about it?

Default Re: CHAT room

Hi MB, your suggestion has been passed on to admin....

watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
    What is the current situation regarding the latter? ...ie, a live chat room on DoYouRemember.

Hi Marine Boy,
    Just heard back from admin reguarding your question and the reply is as follows:-

The chat room was techincally very difficult to manage and we dont want to go down that route again sorry.

But thank you for your support and suggestions they are always very gratefully received and very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by huggie74 View Post
    Hi Marine Boy,
    Just heard back from admin reguarding your question and the reply is as follows:-

The chat room was techincally very difficult to manage and we dont want to go down that route again sorry.

But thank you for your support and suggestions they are always very gratefully received and very much appreciated.
    Well the reply was certainly concise Heather. Lol. Thanks for relaying it and continued success with this brilliant site.

There's nothing to stop people resurrecting the existing general chat thread or starting a new one in the members lounge.

I know it's not real time chat but it could be used for general chit chat.

Just my 2p's worth.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Yes its been said before thats fine, Admin have always said they are happy for members to start a chat thread, Like Mike says members lounge is best.

And of course theres always the PM system to chat to friends or add each other to MSN

Default chatting to fellow members

It would be awesome to be able to chat to fellow members as well as send private messages.

Would make it more interactive, something similar to yahoo messager and hotmail messager would be great.

thanks

al

Default Re: chatting to fellow members

No, it wouldn't

Hi Poppicker Admin have been asked about a chat room/system before,they said that unfortunately its 'techincally very difficult to manage and we dont want to go down that route again.' (as the forum had one years ago)

Thanks very much for your suggestion
    All the best Huggie74

No it would not. It would turn the site into a chat room. Very boring
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.