This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHAT room

Yes its been said before thats fine, Admin have always said they are happy for members to start a chat thread, Like Mike says members lounge is best.

And of course theres always the PM system to chat to friends or add each other to MSN
    Heather

Comment

chatting to fellow members

It would be awesome to be able to chat to fellow members as well as send private messages.

Would make it more interactive, something similar to yahoo messager and hotmail messager would be great.

thanks

al

Comment

Re: chatting to fellow members

No, it wouldn't

Comment

Hi Poppicker Admin have been asked about a chat room/system before,they said that unfortunately its 'techincally very difficult to manage and we dont want to go down that route again.' (as the forum had one years ago)

Thanks very much for your suggestion
          All the best Huggie74

Heather

Comment

No it would not. It would turn the site into a chat room. Very boring
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

The problem is that stuff like that tends to kill activity in the forum itself. I guess if you really really get on with a certain member you could pass them your msn or skype details.

Comment

I suggested something like this a few years ago, as I thought it would be a nice idea. But I do see the downside as outlined above.

Comment

hi poppicker.

i just feel its better to talk by pm to members you really get on with.
                  or you could give them your email address.
                  i feel if a chatroom was to come in none of the threads would be posted in.

i feel this site is unique the way it is mate.
                  hope u like it here.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i meant to say i also chat to a couple of members both by pm and by email..
                    its handy this way.

i was not hre when there was a chatroom but it seems it took the edge off this fab forum.
                    Last edited by darren; 04-03-2012, 01:19.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I hope that the site can remain as so, with all the varying forums - it is unique in the respect of the broad catergories that it offers as so devoted to so many differing thing's from yesteryear.
                      It is great though I feel it still (in the end all is a very very similar topic of disscussions) but it is so different as all the various catergory's prove

I hope that tis is not lost as it makes the Forum what it is in it's unique-ness I think (coupled too with it is not too big member-wise and is homley as a result of that).
                      I think that if you could chat to fellow members in the way's mentioned the Forum would loose this amazingness etc plus with the fact I think too, that it is a "true - one of it's own" with nothing else like it out there on the wonder that is the World Wide Web.
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 04-03-2012, 17:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X